Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

yesyechyes

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14915 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

I have two problems with this build. First, the smaller problem, I experience regular mobile network breakdown, which needs several attempts to get it back. Second, the biggest problem, Not able to reinstall WhatsApp.
After getting a prompt to update WhatsApp I tried & tried but it just kept giving error message, saying couldn't install it now. So I uninstalled & tried to do a fresh install but not been able to do so in the last 3 days! Strangely I can install/reinstall all other apps except WhatsApp & I just dont know what is the reason! I tried searching the net for similar issue but nobody else seems to be having this kind of problem. Even WhatsApp guys are taking their own sweet time to give a feedback!!! Does any of you here facing this kind of issue??

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Well I installed 14915.1000. on my Icon this morning. Everything went ok. Took just about 1 hr 10 minutes on the McDonalds wifi with 2 bars. The 3 Double Cheeseburgers went fine too. 2 for me and 1 for the dog, at one of the picnic table off course.

So it's been a little over 2 hours now everything I know of is fine. No battery heat and am using it now for the Mobile Hot Spot for my laptop and will be on the Hot Spot the rest of the day so will be able to test batt consumption and heat situation if any.

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14915.1000.]:winktongue:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Settings > Extras > Touch > turn on the DTTW gesture.
"I" am sooooo glad I FINALLY know what DTTW means. :winktongue:

Hey mtf1380, I've been gone 3-4 weeks - did you finally get all your OneNote headaches straightened out?

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14915.1000.] :winktongue:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

"I" am sooooo glad I FINALLY know what DTTW means. :winktongue:

Hey mtf1380, I've been gone 3-4 weeks - did you finally get all your OneNote headaches straightened out?

Peace. Alan

I am having no luck, or I just don't know the secret:(.

I have used OneNote for years, and rely upon it more than any other app, when on the road (close tie with Maps). it use to be that if I needed to know something, I knew it would be on OneNote. BUT, "I" cannot fined how to download "ANY" page, or notebook, and have it available local on the phone. It ALWAYS needs to download again, which is ridiculous. I can't even think about how disappointed I am with this conduct. My 920 would have the information available, all I had to do was make sure to sync the notebooks that I needed access too, before travelling; and it was less than half the phone, the 950XL is suppose to be(at least on paper!).

It takes 5-10 mins to download one page (for me), so if I need something quick, forget it!...if I don't have WiFi, I don't even try!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I admire people got still patience with people unable using google before doing anything else...
I'm a old school pc HW repairer, and when things are messing up I learned spending hours looking for.
New generations prefer all ready, all clear.... bah! :(
Long live to developers and repaires

I'm using a tool right now to discover THE and fix THE bad sector problem on my Win 10 Insider Fastrack laptop as I'm reading your post on my Surface Pro 2 Win 10 Insider Fasttrack and replying to your post.:cool:

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I am having no luck, or I just don't know the secret:(.

I have used OneNote for years, and rely upon it more than any other app, when on the road (close tie with Maps). it use to be that if I needed to know something, I knew it would be on OneNote. BUT, "I" cannot fined how to download "ANY" page, or notebook, and have it available local on the phone. It ALWAYS needs to download again, which is ridiculous. I can't even think about how disappointed I am with this conduct. My 920 would have the information available, all I had to do was make sure to sync the notebooks that I needed access too, before travelling; and it was less than half the phone, the 950XL is suppose to be(at least on paper!).

It takes 5-10 mins to download one page (for me), so if I need something quick, forget it!...if I don't have WiFi, I don't even try!
Man, that's too bad. I just double-checked on my ICON.
I opened OneNote on my ICON
I see the ICON notebook and the multiple notebooks from my 2 laptops
And the files are right there on my phone - no pulling them down from the OneDrive in the sky.

I'm sorry, Dude. One day though, somehow, some way...:smile:

Peace. Alan

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

This update was driving me insane with its instability. Had to use the Recovery tool to roll back.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

What kind of instability and which phone? I have had no issues on my 950XL, in fact has been better than the latest release preview build where notifications stopped after a few hours till hard reset.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 1520. I've had problems with the action center not showing notifications, apps crashing, and random restarts. Another weird problem I had was bluetooth still showing as connected even though I was miles away from the bluetooth device.

Edit: Also, some of my live tiles, especially Outlook Calendar, would stop working.

Last edited:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520. I've had problems with the action center not showing notifications, apps crashing, and random restarts. Another weird problem I had was bluetooth still showing as connected even though I was miles away from the bluetooth device.

Yeah, the action center issue is common with this build, I think. Too bad, as generally Release Preview builds have been as good as consumer builds.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I have another new (to me) issue with this build. Trying to share a photo via WhatsApp just doesn't do anything. I choose the photo I want to share, then try choosing the app to share it with, the apps I've used recently for this task are shown at the top of the screen i.e. Outlook and WhatsApp, but tapping WhatsApp does nothing at all. Thankfully I can open WhatsApp and attach a picture in the app itself to get around the issue, but it's somewhat frustrating that something I've done thousands of times has suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason... but then this build in particular has given me several issues that I didn't have before.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have another new (to me) issue with this build. Trying to share a photo via WhatsApp just doesn't do anything. I choose the photo I want to share, then try choosing the app to share it with, the apps I've used recently for this task are shown at the top of the screen i.e. Outlook and WhatsApp, but tapping WhatsApp does nothing at all. Thankfully I can open WhatsApp and attach a picture in the app itself to get around the issue, but it's somewhat frustrating that something I've done thousands of times has suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason... but then this build in particular has given me several issues that I didn't have before.

No such iussue on mine... Try rebooting phone and retry attaching

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

No such issue on mine... Try rebooting phone and retry attaching

Trying the same thing on Outlook just now, Outlook kept just crashing back to the Start screen when trying to attach the photo. Now, when trying to share a photo with Outlook, it's doing the same as it was with WhatsApp i.e. tapping the Outlook or WhatsApp icon to select it as the application you want to share with, it just doesn't respond to the presses on either the Outlook icon or the WhatsApp icon.

Rebooting probably will solve it, but I'm finding I'm having to reboot very much more often than I would like just to get things working again on this build.

It's starting to be a real pain now, probably going to do a hard reset soon, and if that doesn't work, then use WDRT to roll back to a more stable offering.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else loose Visual Voicemail in this build? I can see that I have messages but nothing in the VVM window. 950 XL DS US.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I had to roll back because I would keep seeing a black screen when trying to unlock the phone.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Does anybody else have my issue on group texts - the texts are no longer grouped together. Replies from others are all separated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos