Cumulative Update: build 14393.105 Discussion (Redstone 1; Inactive)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cumulative Update: build 14393.105 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release Ring)

Looks like I can pretty reliably crash my 950XL by using Windows 10 desktop WhatsApp, while my phone keeps going 'bzzt' for each new message. After enough messages the phone just crashes and reboots. Incredible. And annoying, because during the entire reboot cycle the desktop app cannot send messages.

try to keep vibration off for whatsapp notifications - or just disable them altogether - it's what I always do - peace of mind

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

try to keep vibration off for whatsapp notifications - or just disable them altogether - it's what I always do - peace of mind
Sure, but I suspect it's not the actual vibration that does it, but more likely something about a notification buffer filling. Not sure what it is, but it's happened twice now.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Sure, but I suspect it's not the actual vibration that does it, but more likely something about a notification buffer filling. Not sure what it is, but it's happened twice now.

then disable for group notifications - those are usually the highest in any case

By the way, you have a 950xl, so does whatsapp work in continuum mode?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

By the way, you have a 950xl, so does whatsapp work in continuum mode?
It doesn't, but WhatsApp web does work in Edge over continuum, which is pretty freaking amazing. Just tried it again by wirelessly projecting through my Roku, which a month ago I had no clue was even 'remotely possible'. :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

.103 was fine but .105 has been causing a lot of heating issues. Even for things that don't ever produce heat and never did. And of course battery goes nuts during that time. I don't want to do insider because my battery died after one of the build updates but was willing to do release preview since this is supposed to be what goes out to production. Ahhh sucks. :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

.103 was fine but .105 has been causing a lot of heating issues. Even for things that don't ever produce heat and never did. And of course battery goes nuts during that time. I don't want to do insider because my battery died after one of the build updates but was willing to do release preview since this is supposed to be what goes out to production. Ahhh sucks. :(

Heat + battery = data + cpu high usage. Checking instruments in Storage, Battery and Data sense can help checking which is going bad.
At last, activating full Developer Mode in Settings -> Make my device available-> Pairing -> Pair with a pc on same wifi -> Enable Remote diagnostic.
Then open a pc browser session following onscreen instruction + pincode.

It shows a Task Manager like control panel of your phone

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Heat + battery = data + cpu high usage. Checking instruments in Storage, Battery and Data sense can help checking which is going bad.
At last, activating full Developer Mode in Settings -> Make my device available-> Pairing -> Pair with a pc on same wifi -> Enable Remote diagnostic.
Then open a pc browser session following onscreen instruction + pincode.

It shows a Task Manager like control panel of your phone

yah the only thing weird during those scenarios is system process will take up about 5% cpu and a blank process will climb from time to time. It doesn't seem like there's enough movement to justify the heat and battery drain.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

no CU build for mobiles ( win 10) :( but i am downloading a new CU for my PC on th2.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

My 950 DS updated to 14393.187 late last night on release preview.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte