Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14926 released for Fast ring Insiders | Windows Central
Dona Sarkar stated:
Thanks for being patient with us as we upgraded some of our engineering tools last week. Our build monitoring system is purring again and today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

Here's what's new with Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14926 | Windows Central
In a blog post, Windows Insider head Dona Sarkar noted the following:

• Snooze in Microsoft Edge: We know you all love when we get creative with you, so we have added an experimental "Snooze" action on a tab in Microsoft Edge which provides you with a way to set a Cortana reminder on the website you are viewing. People often keep tabs open in their browser indefinitely as a "to do" list, and do not close those tabs until the action associated with that website is complete. This feature lets you put a site into a Cortana reminder that will show up as a notification and in Action Center, allowing you to quickly open that site in Microsoft Edge when you're ready to get back to it.
  • Updated Wi-Fi settings page (Mobile): As part of our experience of unifying the settings experience across devices – we have updated the Wi-Fi settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > Wi-Fi on Mobile to match how it works on PC. The new Wi-Fi settings page isn't complete yet as we continue to port over functionality. If need, you can fallback to using the Wi-Fi (legacy) settings page to access any missing functionality. In addition, we added the capability for you to connect to WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) networks on your phone.
  • Improving your PC upgrade experience: One of the ongoing feedback items we've heard is how the apps that come preinstalled with Windows will reinstall after each upgrade – particularly noticeable for our Insiders that receive multiple flights per month. We've heard your feedback, and starting with Build 14926, when your PC updates it will check for apps that have been uninstalled, and it will preserve that state once the update has completed. This means if you uninstall any of the apps included in Windows 10 such as the Mail app or Maps app, they will not get reinstalled after you update to a newer build going forward.
  • Making pin login easier: Ever tried to enter your pin, only to discover the numbers you've been typing are nowhere to be seen because Num Lock was off? We're happy to announce that that will no longer happen! With this build, regardless of your Num Lock state, numbers will be input if you're typing into the pin password field. Let us know what you think!

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 14926, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Well, the reminder in cortana is fixed, that was the biggest annoyance, and so far, have no issue with low on memory errors.

KyyR40P.jpg

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

It also apparently fixes the screen scaling issue in devices such as Lumia 635/636/638.

I'm not brave enough to test it out, because somehow my officially unsupported 512 MB device managed to get itself on the Anniversary Update production ring, and I'm afraid if I switch to an Insider ring, I might not be able to get back to production again. And reverting the phone to the factory default OS using WDRT is not an option for me because then I might not be able to use Windows 10 Mobile at all unless I do some very unwelcome hacking.

Are there any brave souls out there with a 635/636/638 who are brave enough to try a Fast Ring build to find out for sure if the issue is resolved?

rahul mandlekar 1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 535 build 10.014393.67 there is problem with Cortana
Get crashes every time, even set on resp. speech,language,region

flakeoff101

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

Installed this build on my Icon and it's completely broken.
Keyboard doesn't show up anywhere no matter what I do, it's saying I have no SIM card, and checking for updates causes a crash.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem, we must write Dona Sarkar on twitter.

Madhu Perera

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

I just installed this update on my Lumia 1520. Now I cannot get into the phone because the number pad does not show up when I slide up to unlock the phone. I tried entering my PIN by tapping on the screen where the numbers should have been thinking it could be a cosmetic glitch but no luck. Tried restarting and soft resetting the phone but still the same issue. I can see that my phone is not detecting the SIM card either when I check the notification bar. Also I can turn things on and off in the Action Panel except for WiFi. I guess I have to use the recovery tool and spend another half a day signing back into my apps.

My Lumia 1520 has been testing my patience more often than it used to with its touch issues like things start happening on the screen without me doing anything (like creating 20 new pages in OneNote - thank god it didn't delete any, I hope!) or just stop responding because Cortana opens up without me asking for her help.

Been waiting for that Surface phone to come out for year... I might have to settle with HP Elite X3 if this does not happen and if they don't announce the Surface phone in the next month or two. *sigh*

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem, we must write Dona Sarkar on twitter.
I'm on an ICON - same thing.
1. I did an FR
2. I chose to restore from YESTERDAY the 13th.

Now you would think that would have given me 14915.1 RIGHT ?! Nooooooooo. it gave me 14926 WITH a sim card. :winktongue: Go Figure...

Peace. Alan
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :winktongue:

EEinstructor

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site

My Icon updated without any problems including the sim card on Verizon. Just had to wait for all the apps to update.
thanks EE

OllyBongo89

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 435 dual sim here, just updated fro 10.0.14393 to this one 10.0.14926, here are my problems...
I use two sim cards and I get the double icon at the top stating no sim in either slot so no calls or messages, hell not even a signal bar.
Wi-Fi gone a nacker, not showing the signal bar, it does work if I manually connect but still no icon
Lastly (most important bug / error) every 5 - 10 minutes my phone is restarting over and over.

Sitting here now for the next 3 hours to format my phone back to windows 8.1 just so I can then re upgrade it back to a production build of windows 10, this is ultra annoying, why no option to just rollback one build is that to simple, thanks Microsoft... ill be thinging of you during my next phone purchase, not!

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

On mobile, I noticed that for notifications in Action Centre, they reverted the logo back to the large one (used to be small). Looks way too ugly now :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Here's what's improved, fixed and broken with Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14926 | Windows Central

The improvements and fixes for the Windows 10 Mobile preview side include:

• We fixed a scaling issue on devices such as the Lumia 635, 636, or 638 where the bottom of certain apps, like Messaging and Maps, would get cut off and rendered off screen.
  • We heard you and we have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the sound of key presses and lock/unlock being barely audible when the phone was using a moderate volume.
  • We fixed an issue where, if Quiet Hours had been turned on, banner notifications might not start appearing again until Action Center was opened or an interactive notification popped up and was dismissed.
  • We fixed an issue where Cortana would crash when trying to open Reminders page.
  • We have improved the reliability of VPN Settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the thumbnail for portrait videos displaying with an incorrect aspect ratio in the Photos app when panning through the Camera Roll.
Here are the known issues for the new Windows 10 Mobile preview build:

• Some devices such as the Lumia 650 will fail to install this build with Error 0x80188308. We are currently investigating this issue.
  • Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn't show any notifications).
  • Using your phone as a mobile hotspot will work the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature will result in the inability to enable the hotspot until the phone is rebooted.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 435 dual sim here, just updated fro 10.0.14393 to this one 10.0.14926, here are my problems...
I use two sim cards and I get the double icon at the top stating no sim in either slot so no calls or messages, hell not even a signal bar.
Wi-Fi gone a nacker, not showing the signal bar, it does work if I manually connect but still no icon
Lastly (most important bug / error) every 5 - 10 minutes my phone is restarting over and over.

Sitting here now for the next 3 hours to format my phone back to windows 8.1 just so I can then re upgrade it back to a production build of windows 10, this is ultra annoying, why no option to just rollback one build is that to simple, thanks Microsoft... ill be thinging of you during my next phone purchase, not!

A possible fix was posted just above you...

I'm on an ICON - same thing.
1. I did an FR
2. I chose to restore from YESTERDAY the 13th.

Now you would think that would have given me 14915.1 RIGHT ?! Nooooooooo. it gave me 14926 WITH a sim card. :winktongue: Go Figure...

Peace. Alan
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :winktongue:

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 950 Dual SIM

Mobile Hotspot not working, turned on but non discoverable by other devices.

Sandesh SMS

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site

Hello,
My lumia 638 got updated today morning and after updating I cant see keypad at lockscreen, no cellular reception, shows no sim icon and i cant login to my phone. kindly help

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Still can't connect my Lumia 640 to my SP4 via Bluetooth. it connects for about 3 seconds then disconnects.

I know the problem is not my surface pro 4 because I tried connecting a s6 to it and it connected just fine.

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I did a hard reset. Didn't use the recovery tool. After hard reset I'm directly on 14926. obviously, my apps and some data is gone but that's okay. The issues have disappeared as well. The article contains the way to do the hard reset without the recovery tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss