Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

Vato Grande

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile build 14926 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Lumia 950 Dual SIM

Mobile Hotspot not working, turned on but non discoverable by other devices.

My 950xl is also broken with mobile hotspot. Does not ever work, even after phone reboot. Trying to connect with macbook pro. I use the feature every day on the train! Installed 14926 and am now must re-image phone!

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Just got latest build 14926.1000...

...and all the pictures in my address book disappeared! Then when I went home and checked my address book on my PC, they were all gone, too! Somehow, this build deleted all the pictures from my contacts, then synced and now it's all gone forever. Not a big deal, but still inconvenient, because I never thought to backup those pictures.

Are there any other issues that I'm not aware of?

Edit: I just did a hard reset and when I tried to restore from a backup, it stopped at 20%.

Also, the Store still crashes 100% of the time. It's unusable for the last 4 builds. Will Microsoft ever fix this?!

Last edited:

NairobiWP

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

I have the same issue. "No number pad on lock screen = Unable to unlock phone." Hard reset doesnt work, so I'll have to use WDRT. I can deal wit almost every pther bug/ But this is completely unacceptable.

Ali Akbar 7

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Just installed this thing and SIM card not working, wifi not working... nothings working... there's also something in the settings called wifi legacy.... Nothing happens when wifi toggle is touched... What's the issue..?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I rolled back to the AU on my 950 due to many issues with photo sharing via Outlook and general instability in the Photo's app. It's like a breath of fresh air having a phone that just works once again. Also my phone has been off charge since about 7am this morning and it still has 52% charge at 9pm - I didn't get that with the RS2 builds!

One thing I do miss from RS2 that was very useful was the shrinking of photos when sharing them via Outlook. Now it sends the full resolution file again meaning massive files. I'll take the extra stability over this feature though.

I think this still works: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-how-guides/421358-how-insert-resized-images-w10m-mail-app.html

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok, same no keyboard/sim/bluetooth issues here.
Plus mine restarts itself every 5 minutes :|
will see if I can do a backup (for my apps/tiles), then a reset, then a restore.

Ok, that didn't work, no keyboard to connecct to a hotspot for a data connection, and connecting it to my computer also was 'unrecognised'. So it's now in porocess of doing a factory reset.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Just installed this thing and SIM card not working, wifi not working... nothings working... there's also something in the settings called wifi legacy.... Nothing happens when wifi toggle is touched... What's the issue..?

as mentioned by chintan earlier , microsoft has acknowledged this issue and is investigating it. here is the link to microsoft forum where this isue is current;ly discussed:> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-3331-4b10-99ec-a49602ec2743?tm=1473884245784

ADDED: We are also investigating reports that after upgrading to Build 14926, some phones lose the ability to use their SIM card. A hard reset also fixes this issue as well. See this forum post for more information.

update: for a majority of users with this issue, a hard reset has fixed it.

steps to hard reset by key combo:
>Turn off your phone.
>Hold volume-down.
>Keep holding volume-down and press power button for about 3 seconds.
>Let go of the power button, but keep holding the volume down until ! image/icon on the screen appears.

Ahmed Hussien PH

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

After updating my phone it entered a loop and continues to restart before logging in..
my phone is lumia 930

monkooo

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site

HI, I have PIN / no radio / reboot problems on my 930. I really need to download videos (pics seems are in onedrive). Is there way, how to download them? Maybe some software?

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

It also apparently fixes the screen scaling issue in devices such as Lumia 635/636/638.

I'm not brave enough to test it out, because somehow my officially unsupported 512 MB device managed to get itself on the Anniversary Update production ring, and I'm afraid if I switch to an Insider ring, I might not be able to get back to production again. And reverting the phone to the factory default OS using WDRT is not an option for me because then I might not be able to use Windows 10 Mobile at all unless I do some very unwelcome hacking.

Are there any brave souls out there with a 635/636/638 who are brave enough to try a Fast Ring build to find out for sure if the issue is resolved?

Hi. I updated my 635 1GB version (it's not my main device) and the scaling problem on my phone has been resolved I'm pleased to say.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Kinda bummed that it won't install on my 650. I've tried numerous times over the past 3 days but always get the same message that some parts could not be installed and the same error code. But at least the phone still works and all apps seem to update fine on it.

Aashish Tiwari

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site

i have the same problem..... have u tried hard reset?? it doesnt work for me. after the update even my pc isnt detecting the device let alone wdrt. this is annoying.

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

Happy to see that either the latest wp10 update or the latest MS Health update has fixed my Band 2 issues again. Lets see if they can avoid breaking it in every second or third release.

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

This happened to my ativ-se masquerading as an ICON. I did a hard reset and it retained the 14926-1000 upgrade and it returned to working condition. It did find my SIM card. I lost all my contacts though.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This happened to my ativ-se masquerading as an ICON. I did a hard reset and it retained the 14926-1000 upgrade and it returned to working condition. It did find my SIM card. I lost all my contacts though.

Give it a bit of time, they may still repopulate... That is if you can afford to wait.

You might also try logging into Outlook mail in a web browser > click the apps button Capture02.png > select People > click the gear in the upper right (settings) > click Refresh to try and sync it back to the account.

Francisco_dAn

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Having a problem with my 640. I had to replace my SD Card so I put in a working and newly exfat formatted, SanDisk 64GB card and did a hard reset in order for my ridiculous amount of apps can reinstall from the subsequent sync.

The problem is that the phone seems to get stuck right after I connect to wifi and put in my MS online credentials to reload everything. It stays on the blank screen with the five chasing dots for hours! After 4 or so hours I bite the bullet and power cycle the phone. It tells me "Welcome Back" and picks up asking me if I want to use Cortana and the and I answer "yes."

It then completes and I have a basic 14926 build without any of my settings, apps or anything. I know that sync was active because I had just successfully completed a hard reset just last week. Anyone have any ideas? I done this twice with the same results. I know, "definition of insanity..."

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

I have a weird issue where my Photos app won't update with new photos or screenshots I take. It always shows the same ones, even though I can find the new ones through File Explorer. I've tried rebooting and a soft reset. Even tried removing the card, booting the phone, turning it off, inserting the card again and turning it back on. Nothing changed.

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

I also get these issues with long deleted photos still show up in library, possibly onedrive issue rather than anything else.

As for latest update I decided to hard reset and start fresh and so far everything has improved a lot, even though I did not want to go through with setting everything up again, I think it was well worth it...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720