We can't install some updates

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello There -

I have been running my desktop PC on Anniversary edition - currently 14393.187. I was out of the insider program for a while to see how Redstone 2 builds were doing. I have now opted back in , but the updates are not installing.

The last two builds download and let me select the Install now button. It runs for a bit and comes back with this message "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update" Restarting on numerous different days makes no difference. If I go back to Release Preview, updates to 14393 work as .187 did install. Just no luck jumping into the fast ring and getting to Redstone 2 builds.

Any ideas of what is holding this up?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello There -

I have been running my desktop PC on Anniversary edition - currently 14393.187. I was out of the insider program for a while to see how Redstone 2 builds were doing. I have now opted back in , but the updates are not installing.

The last two builds download and let me select the Install now button. It runs for a bit and comes back with this message "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update" Restarting on numerous different days makes no difference. If I go back to Release Preview, updates to 14393 work as .187 did install. Just no luck jumping into the fast ring and getting to Redstone 2 builds.

Any ideas of what is holding this up?

try running this tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786