Cumulative Update: build 14393.221 Discussion (Redstone 1; Release and Slow Rings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why not? I have these 2 issues from the last 4-5 builds, on my 950XL. Both issues return even after a factory reset and without restoring from backup and I see I am not the only one with these problems.

1. Background tasks and push notifications for all apps except MS apps would stop (Disqus, WindowsCentral, Whatsapp, Viber etc), soft reset would fix this for a few hours, but then the problem would return.
2. Sometimes, when unlocking the screen, the screen doesn't turn on for 5-6 seconds (remains black), but I can see that the Iris scanner turns on and unlocks the phone. When the display does turn on after 5-6 seconds, the phone is unlocked already.

I see.

The first one: Are they on in the background? And does the behaviour stay the same irrespective of whether you're using 2G/3G/4G or wifi?

The second - this might be related to hello itself. Does it happen if you choose not to use hello and instead use a keypad password?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Issue on my end - searching in messaging takes a long time - and you don't really see the moving dots because they are small

Second issue is device search doesn't seem to work - just wants to search online

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Another issue that I see now, Cortana crashes whenever you try to speak to her, I think it is the speech to text engine crashing. Problem appeared after a hard reset. Was finer when I had upgraded from the last build.

Trader05

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This build seems to be buggy. Battery life is good. Past few days I had to restart the phone for cell phone data to work, text messaging sending is really slow and outlook seems to be crashing a lot often.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
THREAD MOVED

Hello all, and thank you for taking a look at my thread. I have a L640 go phone purchased directly from ATT several months ago. I have been on the Release Preview ring for the entire time of having the phone. Fast and Slow rings were too unstable for me.

Here is my problem, the phone asked me to Restart the phone, to which I did. Then I get a BSOD of sorts with the phone, which I have never seen. The error is stated as a BitLocker description of the

"BitLocker recovery"
"To recover this drive, plug in the USB drive that has the BitLocker recovery key."
"Press Enter to reboot and try again"
"Press Esc or the Windows key for more recovery options"

Any thoughts other than the obvious - to recover the phone via the WRTool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos