Cortana: dictating text to Cortana gets rudely cut off

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing a Cortana issue recently that I haven't seen before. I first saw it on build .187, and also on .221, but it's possible it's been around before.

Most of the time, when I dictate a text to Cortana, it's okay, but there's a specific test case that fails every time. I can reproduce via Bluetooth, but also direct on the phone. Here's the exact test case if anybody wants to try...

- Fire up Cortana and hit the microphone button
- Say "Text <spouse>" (or anybody in your contacts)
- When it asks for the message, try "Are you expecting to be home for dinner?".

For me, every single time, Cortana cuts me off and decides that the message will be something like:
"Are you expecting?"
or
"Are you expecting to be?"

But now, try this:
- "Text <spouse>"
- "This is a test. This is only a test. If this were a real message, it might have interesting content."
- "Add More"
- "Are you expecting to be home for dinner?"

And I'll get:
"This is a test. This is only a test. If this were a real message, it might have interesting content. Are you expecting?"

It's like the word "expecting" chokes Cortana up. *Any* message with the word "expecting" seems to cause premature termination of her listening. Something like "Do you think you'll be home for dinner?" will work.

I'd love to know if anybody else can reproduce this.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on build .221. Although I haven't seen it related to any single key word. It's more like I just get 3 seconds to talk and then it's done listening and ready to send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro