Windows 10 Mobile build 14936 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
To start with, since this build I am no longer receiving SMS notifications from the messaging app. The texts come into the app without notifications on my device.

As another user wrote yesterday, check your notification settings if by chanche "Keep private in lock screen" is enabled

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I've noticed that, for me, it ONLY shows things coming up tomorrow or the next day, not today! Haven't checked to see if there are any changes in settings that might affect it.

This morning's Calendar update has made the live tile even weirder for me (if that's possible). Now, the smallest tile size shows tomorrow's date (not today's), the medium tile shows nothing at all and the largest tile shows me one event for today (the last one) and says no more events for today (even though I have several). I'm going to try a soft reset.

EDIT: Soft reset did nothing.

Last edited:

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
LOL Calendar live tile is gone crazy! Change day every minute! Most Insane bug ever

Yes, indeed! I thought it happens only for me after the update, for me it changes in every few seconds from 30d to 1d, 2d and repeats.
And like others said, a lot of background tasks and apps no longer work on battery saver mode, no longer can't even have Glance screen with battery saver on, even Groove stops playing. Ridiculous...

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
This morning's Calendar update has made the live tile even weirder for me (if that's possible). Now, the smallest tile size shows tomorrow's date (not today's), the medium tile shows nothing at all and the largest tile shows me one event for today (the last one) and says no more events for today (even though I have several). I'm going to try a soft reset.

EDIT: Soft reset did nothing.

Yep, let's hope they update apps fast!

Yea - I get that too, but when I click 'check now' again, it finds the update again (so it never installs it)

Yes I can confirm this is the case, let's hope they update the maps app ASAP.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, indeed! I thought it happens only for me after the update, for me it changes in every few seconds from 30d to 1d, 2d and repeats.
And like others said, a lot of background tasks and apps no longer work on battery saver mode, no longer can't even have Glance screen with battery saver on, even Groove stops playing. Ridiculous...

There's an update in store. Hope it fixes the weirdness.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Fixed by itself.
"The voice of his master" I guess :D

John Loo

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying a 950XL since it's cheap right now but I'm wondering if the upcoming new Continuum will work on the 950XL?

Stephan Diesler

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
For me notifications of third Party apps like WhatsApp are broken. MS Apps like Outlook work.
And OneNote does not sync, while I am not shure if that is since 14936 or longer.

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea - I get that too, but when I click 'check now' again, it finds the update again (so it never installs it)

So is anyone else experiencing this?

You can update the maps, but when you click check for updates afterwards, it finds the same updates (meaning that it didn't actually update)

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
So far I have only two small problems, first I can't add my iCloud account, every time i try I get the message that something went wrong,The other issue is FitBit it doesn't work and it asks to turn Location on, even though is on.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I briefly tried this build on my Icon. The only real issue for me was that the Garmin Connect app would open and then immediately crash back to the start screen. Was able to fix this by uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. But then I was unable to pair my Garmin device. Tried multiple times, but always "pairing failed". Gave up and WDRT'd back to 8 and upgraded back to the latest release preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786