Lumia 950 bugged like crazy after last update

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Like the topic says. It's gone haywire, random restarts, automatic brightness doesn't work, keyboard doesn't appear, battery drains like crazy, I charge phone 2 times a day now!! It's slow, whenever I unlock the phone the screen doesn't turn on immediately(only after like 5 seconds) and the same happens with calls, I don't know who's calling me because the screen doesn't turn on. It's just a huge mess. I could do a hard reset without restoring but going through getting all the apps again etc... Don't want to do that.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Also one time I couldn't get notification centre down. I restarted the phone, did soft resetl ocked and blocked many times, I just couldn't get it to work.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Also one time I couldn't get notification centre down. I restarted the phone, did soft resetl ocked and blocked many times, I just couldn't get it to work.

Sincerely:
Do a hard reset with backup, but stay far waway Insider Rings. As name says, that's testing purpose. Hard reset with Windows Device Recovery Tool, and take the official build . which works great on your device especially after last firmware update.
Consider you'll get your device full operative automatically in one morning using wifi (it will download automatically your apps)

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by dda_k

Sincerely:
Do a hard reset with backup, but stay far waway Insider Rings. As name says, that's testing purpose. Hard reset with Windows Device Recovery Tool, and take the official build . which works great on your device especially after last firmware update.
Consider you'll get your device full operative automatically in one morning using wifi (it will download automatically your apps)

Yeah, I did that and now I lost my start screen, no apps are downloading just showing 'pending'. Ugh, Windows 10!!!! Come on! I'm not new user, I'm already using windows for many years on my phone and it's just making life harder for me...

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Patience is key. Pending will change to downloading and the features you are dying to have will be released to the general public next year. You are the general public, not a developer who is using Insider on a test device. Read the terms and conditions, please.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Allen Rhodes
Patience is key. Pending will change to downloading and the features you are dying to have will be released to the general public next year. You are the general public, not a developer who is using Insider on a test device. Read the terms and conditions, please.

Yeah, but I've been on Insider programme for years now and this is the FIRST time that I've gone through such trouble.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
If you restore a backup from a newer insider build (RS2) onto an official build, the start screen will not work. I experienced the same with my Lumia 950. A hard reset without restore fixed the problem. Also I'm running the insider build again but had to do another hard reset to make it stable. . What I do is take a screen shot of my start screen to use for reference when I set it up again and then go to "My Library" in the Store and download all my apps again. My contacts and text messages still come back when I connect my Microsoft account. It's just the nature of running insider builds. Not really a big deal for me as I've done it many times before, both on my phone and my computer. As others stated, stick with the official build if you have a problem with it.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
are you a fast ring insider or release preview?

New builds of fast ring and highly experimental and bugged because of the early developmental stage. Its normal to face new bugs which are not logged by Microsoft. If you are very dis-satisfied you can roll back using WDRT :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but I've been on Insider programme for years now and this is the FIRST time that I've gone through such trouble.

fast insider (if that is what you've chosen) is always a risk - there have been serious bugs in the fast ring before like the one in 14926 where you couldn't enter the lock screen pin

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
After the MSG update my phone went from frustrating to ZERO bugs or glitches, extra camera features and a lot faster, apps download over data connection in no time at all, very pleased now following the latest update. Lumia-950

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
After recent changes in recent builds, Glance Screen no longer works with Battery Saver, question is, is there a way to make Glance Screen work with Battery Saver? Glance Screen does not seem to be in background tasks, to change it to always work...

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Glance screen does indeed work on my 950 with battery saver ON.
glance screen settings are now in PERSONALISATION and not in EXTRAS.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Glance screen does indeed work on my 950 with battery saver ON.
glance screen settings are now in PERSONALISATION and not in EXTRAS.
What the... with Battery Saver on, in Glance Screen settings it is instantly off, and when I switch it on, leave it, enter again and it is off again, the moment I turn off Battery Saver it is ON. By the way, on what build you are?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa