Odd Experience ... 14936 build

cadoresg

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
After using the WDRT to get the latest firmware update for the Elite X3 last week, I waited a couple of days to make sure everything was working great. Then 3 days ago, I re-enrolled as a Fast Insider, and updated to 14936. Everything was okay for the first day but then the next day, during some heavy email use, the display started "jumping" and the touchscreen became unresponsive at moments and hyperactive the next. Soft reset and everything seemed fine. Today, it happened again ... during normal use of email, and the display started stuttering, jumping.

I touched the display, I can't remember where (it really doesn't matter) and the next thing I know, it started selecting all my email and deleting them. When it finished jumping, it had deleted every email in my inbox. (Thankfully I was able to login online and move them back from the trash to the inbox, but whatever was happening was still going on as the first batch I moved back were immediately deleted again.) After turning it off, I was able to rrestore everything to my inbox. A reboot of the phone seems to have set everything right again.

Has anyone experience

cadoresg

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
... hit the wrong button ...

has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour? I am not complaining - yes I know insider builds are buggy and can go off - I am only wondering?

Could it be a X3 issue or an insider issue?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
What features does the current insider build offer that makes you want to stay on it versus the release preview of anniversary update? i'm just curious if there's anything worth it. So far for me I haven't heard anything about it being any better in features or anything. IF they introduce the updated continuum with windows and changes they showed at ignite I'll jump on it, but for the time being I don't see any pros that could offset the potential cons.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What features does the current insider build offer that makes you want to stay on it versus the release preview of anniversary update? i'm just curious if there's anything worth it. So far for me I haven't heard anything about it being any better in features or anything. IF they introduce the updated continuum with windows and changes they showed at ignite I'll jump on it, but for the time being I don't see any pros that could offset the potential cons.

As stated by MS, Redstone 2 will be a complete core rewrite leading to UWP, more than new features adding

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
As stated by MS, Redstone 2 will be a complete core rewrite leading to UWP, more than new features adding

My question is what benefit is the current insider build providing to the poster's phone experience that makes him want to stay on it and risk possible bugs? Noticeably faster? Cool new feature? Haven't heard about that in any of the builds currently out.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My question is what benefit is the current insider build providing to the poster's phone experience that makes him want to stay on it and risk possible bugs? Noticeably faster? Cool new feature? Haven't heard about that in any of the builds currently out.

Guess the old team spirit, like old 8.1 Developers Preview

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos