Windows 10 Mobile build 14951 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having the problem of cannot turn reset protection on? This has been on this build and on production, both my 950 and 950XL.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I noticed on this update, that I have not on earlier ones, is this one says "Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Env Bundle - OS". Anyone else getting that?

wp_ss_20161020_0001.png

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Only issue for me so far is the known bug related to data usage limit warnings. I was getting them continuously and even resetting my limit information didn't help. I finally removed the limit entirely as a temporary fix

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, those are some of the most elaborate workaround steps I've seen in a while! :shocked:

(do read the whole post if you're stuck, this is just a part of it)

[FONT=&quot]FASTEST - You can force the update session to time out by:[/FONT]
  • Plug your device into a charger
  • Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program - Change your device to "Slow" and then back to "Fast"
  • Turn on airplane mode Settings > Network & wireless > Airplane Mode
  • Navigate to Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time - If On, turn ?Set date and time automatically? to the Off position
    1. Change the date on the device to 7 days in the future
  • Return to the home screen & Reboot the device
  • After the reboot, turn off airplane mode - Settings > Network & wireless > Airplane Mode
  • Check for updates - Settings > Update & Security > Phone update > Check for updates
  • This process will fail with an error code. This is expected!
  • Change the device date back to the current date - Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time
  • Check for updates - Settings > Update & Security > Phone update > Check for updates
  • This check may fail again, this is ok.
  • Reboot the device
  • After the reboot, check for updates - Settings > Update & Security > Phone update > Check for updates
  • The check for updates should succeed and begin downloading 14951

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Still having problems with email syncing on this build. No automatic downloading (despite settings) and error code 0x80048830 when I try to manually sync.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and now it doesn't get stuck at zero but gets an error every time I check for updates. 0x80242006
I did some digging and tried this while still getting the error and low and behold, the build is now downloading!
1.Go to "Windows Insider Program".
2.Click "Stop Insider Builds" And set it for "1 day".
3.Then Go to "Phone updates" And click "Check for updates".
4.Wait till shows "Your Phone is Upto Date".
5.Then Again Go to"Windows Insider Program" And Click "Resume".
6.And check whether it is "Fast".
7.Then Again Go to "Phone Updates" And click "Check for updates".

**Edit: Build has fully installed**

Last edited:

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, still no luck trying to download the latest build, I have tried all the methods and the furthest it went was 96%, and stops there, but the strange thing is that my present build is 14393.67 I tried slow and fast rings but all the same the only build available is 14951.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have created a thread about my issue that I quoted below. Any of you guys experiencing the same issue? Anyone knows a generic walk around or how to fix this problem from previous builds?

Originally posted by ygtgngr
Hi guys, so I managed to install the latest fast build. Now Camera and Skype Preview apps are rolled back to the previous versions somehow. Store doesn't see any updates too. So I lost SMS Relay and new Camera UI. I just wanted to let you know, if you're planning to update. I don't know if this is a common bug though. Also if anyone knows a walk around I'd appreciate if you can share with me.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with Cortana on this build? She keeps telling me she can't connect to the Internet. Tried both on wifi and the cellular network. Internet is fine on both but Cortana says she can't connect. Upvoted feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12