Windows 10 Mobile build 14955 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm, what? Outlook Mail & Calendar can not be uninstalled.

I went to 'All Apps' on my phone, then long pressed on Outlook calendar (since that's the one I was having problems with). "Uninstall" popped up, which I tapped. Both Mail and Calendar were removed. I then rebooted, went back to the store, searched for Outlook Mail and Calendar and reloaded it onto my phone. Worked just fine, and fixed the calendar issue I had.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
In Cortana's notebook, everything under permissions, when you tap like events and food and etc. it just shows a blank screen.

I found a fix on the MS forums: Sign out of Cortana by going to your account and tapping it twice. It will take a minute, then Cortana will come back with something like, "I can help you do all sorts of things, but first I need you to sign in." Go ahead, sign back in, wait a few seconds, then, boom! Everything is back!

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset, and all is working fairly well. Except oddly enuf, no contact photos... Anyone else have that problem?

I did, a few builds ago. I had to reassign the pictures. For me, that meant going to my PC and tying the pictures to my contacts (they weren't saved on my phone). Then, I did a manual sync, and everything came back. They've stayed since then.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset, and all is working fairly well. Except oddly enuf, no contact photos... Anyone else have that problem?

I had that, I ended up going to people, mail, and calendar and making sure all my accounts were signed in, my photos are tied to my google account. Don't know if that was it or if they just showed up in time. I just did a hard reset after the upgrade to 14951, but I did not after this upgrade, 14955. I am running on 950 DS now.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Under Setting > Network & Wireless; I have Wi-Fi "AND" Wi-Fi (legacy)...anyone know why both are listed?
Select Wifi Legacy/Manage. It explains it.
Its on my ICON too.

Did you divorce OneNote finally?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7E [ MM6.01 ] Daily Driver :smile:
Lumia ICON [ 14955.1000 ] Daily Toy :winktongue:

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded and installed with no problems. However... It resolved none of the issues on my 1520. Still have the messages+ popup, Cortana can't access the internet, can't login to the Feedback Hub, can't see the text input box because the keyboard covers it up, and can't copy and paste. I'm sure there's whole lot I'm forgetting...

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
If MS is looking to target Enterprise what they need to do is make sure that when they release RS2 that our W10M devices can do this:-

iOS 10

With this latest OS, users need only raise their phone in order to wake it. Apple has done away with the “Slide to unlock” feature and replaced it with “Press Home to open.”
Lock screen notifications have been made better as well. You no longer need to open your phone in order to reply to messages or accept invitations. Clearing all notifications has been made easier with 3D Touch.
Although Apple still hasn’t made a fully waterproof phone, the water detection feature of iOS 10 makes it easier to avoid damage.

Android Nougat

In an effort to lure more enterprise customers, Google has now included split-screen capability into Android N. Simply put, this means the phone can now support true multitasking.
Apple debuted its Quick Reply (where users can respond to messages without leaving the current screen) function with the iOS 8. While that feature only worked with their iMessage App, Google is taking it up a notch and making their Direct Replay Notifications available for other apps.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't see this build on my 950XL Single Sim.

If I try to use the workaround and then trying to find a new update it says there is a problem with my device's Date/Time-settings.

Any ideas?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't make that out on iOS 10. Apple are very well known for buttons falling off, especially the home one, and they put the unlock on it!!

JF Hussey

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I'll give it another day or so before pushing the panic button but the phone is running quite hot and sucking battery since installing this update.

Too bad because everything seems to be working great - problems I had on the past couple of builds are gone.

Same here 950xl getting hot and battery draining fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05