Windows 10 Mobile build 14955 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I am getting random crashes when I take photos on my 1520. Battery life is down to about 4 hours on this build if there is any use at all. If heavy screen time, it will only be 50 minutes.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Interesting - my battery drain issues seem to have cleared up. Today's usage back to normal standby loss of about 2% per hour. This is the longest it's ever taken for battery usage to stabilize after a new fast ring build.

Apropos of this, sometimes I wonder if soft resets do more harm than good after a new build is installed. I tend to use soft resets after a new build whenever I run into any issue, as a go-to first response. I wonder if it might be better to let the system "stabilize" for a few days before soft resetting. Maybe it's better to try to find other solutions to issues that arise (unless, of course, they require emergency treatment).

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I am getting random crashes when I take photos on my 1520. Battery life is down to about 4 hours on this build if there is any use at all. If heavy screen time, it will only be 50 minutes.
one thing that might prove interesting is to try to accurately estimate your data usage since the upgrade. I always reset my data usage immediately after an upgrade. Could be telling.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [14955.1000] Weekly Toy, GT4 Class

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
New build 14959 out.

I would say "Downloading NOW", except it's been stuck at 0% for some time...

Last edited:

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Donna Sarkar writes "The Microsoft account (MSA) ticket on your device needs to expire".

Anyone know exactly what this means? I used the work-around including the date change to get the last build. My phone is not even seeing the present update. I'm willing to wait patiently, but it would be easier if I have some idea how long I need to wait...

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Donna Sarkar writes "The Microsoft account (MSA) ticket on your device needs to expire".

Anyone know exactly what this means? I used the work-around including the date change to get the last build. My phone is not even seeing the present update. I'm willing to wait patiently, but it would be easier if I have some idea how long I need to wait...

My understanding is you have to wait until one day AFTER the date you set your phone ahead to when you did the workaround.

And if you set it way in the future, they recommend a hard reset.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is you have to wait until one day AFTER the date you set your phone ahead to when you did the workaround.

And if you set it way in the future, they recommend a hard reset.

Thanks Kerry! I set mine ahead one week, but I did it a day or two after the initial release of 14955, so I should be good in a day or two. I can wait that long.

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i don't see a 14959 thread, so i will post here. Is anyone successfully using the YouMail VVM mail, ISeeVM, on this build? i just upgraded from the preview release ring, and now the app launches, shows the splash screen for a few seconds and then closes. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, but no change.

BasilTas

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Suddenly, the Alarm app doesn't have the AM and PM options in the right-hand column when setting a new alarm. Phone language is English Australian, Region is Australia and Keyboard is English Australian. If you try to get around it by going further down the hours column, eg at 8 pm I go down a further 1 hour, it tells me "in 13 hours". If instead, I go down 13 hours, it still tells me "in 13 hours". In other words, it is behaving like a 24 hour clock that only has 12 hours.

BasilTas

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Well! Further investigation revealed that if I swiped down on the column where AM PM should have appeared, it suddenly reappeared. So I can now set PM alarms again, but an unnecessary and unexplained scare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077