Windows 10 Mobile build 14959 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this issue on my 950 XL DS US, when sharing via email from the photo app, the email comes through with no attachment. It's an intermittent issue for me.

I was beginning to wonder if it was just me, it somehow feels a bit better knowing I'm not the only one. Thanks Mark :grin:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I know this may sound lame but im trying to remember what features does Red stone 2 give the lumia 950 and the newer phones running windows mobile 10? If anyone don't mind giving me a quick overview :) Thanks Id appreciate it.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ditto that.

Grrr, been stuck at 52% for a loooong time.

Edit: Now getting a message saying "some updates were cancelled". Does this mean MS cancelled the update or that my phone cancelled the update?

Update came through in the end after a reboot. A few issues to do with unlocking the phone, and a camera issue where pressing the camera button activates the camera app but the screen stays off, so you basically think it didn't do anything when you pressed the camera button, but when you press it again to try again, you hear it take a picture.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Microsoft, all my call history is gone today, nothing to do with the latest insider build as such, but annoying that they feel they can update the phone app in the background with no warning and wipe all the call history.

dcutting

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't bad on my 950. And in talking about switching from release preview (Anniversary Update) to slow ring (Redstone 2). I need to know how stable RS2 is. I'm ok with it being a little buggy because it's an insider build, just want to know if it's too buggy to put on a daily driver.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I use my L950 as a daily driver with the very latest build on the Insider program, the essentials all work i.e. making and receiving calls, texting, WhatsApp etc. though sometimes you may not be able to swipe up when the call comes in, you'll need to lock the handset, then unlock it again and then you'll be able to swipe up and take the call. It doesn't do this every time, but often enough to frustrate me a little. Also sharing media such as photos via Outlook is very temperamental.

So although there are issues, my phone never crashes or spontaneously reboots, and generally it's OK, apart from some niggles as mentioned.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I use my L950 as a daily driver with the very latest build on the Insider program, the essentials all work i.e. making and receiving calls, texting, WhatsApp etc. though sometimes you may not be able to swipe up when the call comes in, you'll need to lock the handset, then unlock it again and then you'll be able to swipe up and take the call. It doesn't do this every time, but often enough to frustrate me a little. Also sharing media such as photos via Outlook is very temperamental.

So although there are issues, my phone never crashes or spontaneously reboots, and generally it's OK, apart from some niggles as mentioned.

How is Groove on the latest Fast Ring build? I was on the Fast ring but my 950XL got so hot and dropped battery so much that I reset my phone completely using WDRT and opted out of the Insider program. I just wanted to know if it had got any better in terms of battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans