Windows 10 Mobile build 14965 Discussion (Redstone 2; Slow Ring)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Pinch to zoom on photos is inconsistent too, can't do it most of the time. Might only be on recently taken pictures, but it's definitely an issue (for me at least).

Pinch zoom after tapping the thumbnail in the camera app (if that is what you mean) works 100% for me BUT only after the software finishes processing the photo. Maybe 5-10 seconds.

There is also a much shorter delay (like 1-2 seconds) after tapping a thumbnail in the photos app where zoom does not work. Other than that, zoom works correctly.

Paul

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Pinch zoom after tapping the thumbnail in the camera app (if that is what you mean) works 100% for me BUT only after the software finishes processing the photo. Maybe 5-10 seconds.

There is also a much shorter delay (like 1-2 seconds) after tapping a thumbnail in the photos app where zoom does not work. Other than that, zoom works correctly.

Paul

I think you're right, it is on freshly taken images where the delay is very much more pronounced. Though it would seem to have finished processing the image long before it will allow me to pinch to zoom, though who knows what may be going on unseen in the background.

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you're right, it is on freshly taken images where the delay in very much more pronounced. Though it would seem to have finished processing the image long before it will allow me to pinch to zoom, though who knows what may be going on unseen in the background.

If you look closely, you can often see when the processing finishes. On low light shots in particular, you can see the color saturation and balance shift when processing completes. Before this, pinch zoom does not work. Immediately afterwards, it does. I don't know what the processing is actually doing.... it isn't HDR in my case because I have that disabled. It looks like the camera might capture the image raw and do any white balance and fine exposure tweeking after the image has been stored. Just a guess...

Paul

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
any on running this build on a Lumia Icon (aka 929)?

if so, what are the results so far?

I have been holding off on preview build but looking to move to RS2 maybe this weekend and wanted to see thoughts from other Icon users.

Thanks.

ChrischeHH

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

since this build, the banner notifications for Outlook Mail accounts are gone. However, sound and vibration notifications are still working, so do all other banner notifications (messages etc.) do. It's just Mail that is broken. Notifications on Glance / Lock screen aren't affected.

Did a full reset via WDRT, but no luck - facing the same issue again. Any of you with similar issues?

Best
Christian

Lumia 550

Hey guys,

in case anyone is or will be having a similar issue, I was able to figure out the hassle with the missing banner notifications. It seems that the system settings in "Settings > System > Notifications" now (or always did) override any changes made in the Mail app. You can force any type of notification (banner, sound, vibration) within the System settings by clicking on the respective app (Mail in general or Mail account) and make the desired change.

Best
Christian

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
The camera update released on the 14th has brought back the .thumb file issue with photos on my 1520 and drastically increased problem with the phone crashing when I take a photo.

Bethany Henry

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I've been having this problem, but just now realized what is happening. When my battery gets down to 30%, instead of giving me a low battery warning, my phone just says goodbye and POOF! It shuts down.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 1520.3. I could not find a solution anywhere. I figured it was an old and tired battery. I could only use it while plugged into power supply. Finally, it just died. If you find a solution, please let me know.

Last edited:

Gury Pendare

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello user, I'm Gury
I am not satisfy from windows phone 📱 and I am irritating from the window phone OS 10 built 14965
and if new update will better then I will be glad if same then I will break my phone
It's really irritating.

Sparkz7

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
This is a serious bug on my lumia 535. I'm latest build fast insider. Sometimes, when the phone has been idle for a while and I try to use it by pressing the power button to unlock it, I get A BLANK SCREEN! Nothing is shown and I have to force restart or soft reset to solve it. This has been on the previous build too. If it helps, I fresh installed the previous build. I don't see anyone reporting this issue at all. Any workarounds?

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to install this build sometimes stops at 99% or even 100% downloading and gives ask ERROR code. Anyone else failing to download this build?? I have been upgrading with every new insider build released. Using Lumia 640xl

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
WiFi sometimes refuses to reconnect after returning home. I have seen this maybe three times on this current build and from what I have read it may not be unique to 14965?

For example, I left home with WiFi connected. About 90 minutes later I returned home and WiFi failed to reconnect (no WiFi icon at the top of the screen).

1. I pulled down the notification shade and saw that the WiFi tile shows WiFi is on, apparently connected but says "no internet".

2. I opened the WiFi settings and the AP is shown as "connected". Still no WiFi icon.

3. Back to the WiFi tile in the notifications shade.... I turned WiFi off and then on again and it connected (WiFi icon shows up at the top of the screen).

This is potentially serious since if I don't notice there is no WiFi, I can inadvertently use a LOT of data thinking I am on WiFi at home.

Paul

Last edited:

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
WiFi sometimes refuses to reconnect after returning home. I have seen this maybe three times on this current build and from what I have read it may not be unique to 14965?

For example, I left home with WiFi connected. About 90 minutes later I returned home and WiFi failed to reconnect (no WiFi icon at the top of the screen).

1. I pulled down the notification shade and saw that the WiFi tile shows WiFi is on, apparently connected but says "no internet".

2. I opened the WiFi settings and the AP is shown as "connected". Still no WiFi icon.

3. Back to the WiFi tile in the notifications shade.... I turned WiFi off and then on again and it connected (WiFi icon shows up at the top of the screen).

This is potentially serious since if I don't notice there is no WiFi, I can inadvertently use a LOT of data thinking I am on WiFi at home.

Paul

You are not alone. Lots of "no internet" posts on the Feedback Hub. And in this thread too. And I have the problem too. Hard to pin down, sometimes it works fine, then no. Hopefully with all the feedback they'll fix it soon.

LillWicke

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem, but just now realized what is happening. When my battery gets down to 30%, instead of giving me a low battery warning, my phone just says goodbye and POOF! It shuts down.
Your battery is singing its last tunes.
If you are a handy man you can change it yourself, here is a guide:
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zWUNX0v0s

A new battery can be found on ebay for about 16 to 20$

God luck :smile:

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Your battery is singing its last tunes.
If you are a handy man you can change it yourself, here is a guide:
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zWUNX0v0s

A new battery can be found on ebay for about 16 to 20$

Good luck :smile:

I agree, though I really don't know what caused my 1520.3 to act up like yours, despite considerable searching around. It only worked while plugged in. Eventually, mine died completely. Regardless good luck.

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You are not alone. Lots of "no internet" posts on the Feedback Hub. And in this thread too. And I have the problem too. Hard to pin down, sometimes it works fine, then no. Hopefully with all the feedback they'll fix it soon.

I did actually try to read through the feedback hub traffic before I posted. Trouble with the feedback hub is that most of the posts are so incoherent (if they bother to write anything at all) that I can't tell if any given post is describing my symptoms or not. "Doesn't work" is SO descriptive ;) I have no idea how MS manages to triage through them.... and based on how long these bugs stick around, I suspect they generally don't.

Paul

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I did actually try to read through the feedback hub traffic before I posted. Trouble with the feedback hub is that most of the posts are so incoherent (if they bother to write anything at all) that I can't tell if any given post is describing my symptoms or not. "Doesn't work" is SO descriptive ;) I have no idea how MS manages to triage through them.... and based on how long these bugs stick around, I suspect they generally don't.

Paul

Agreed! The posts on Feedback Hub sometimes are not very specific, sometimes not even coherent! So, I say, click 'em all!!!

Yea, its a drag waiting for fixes and improvements. But since I'm on Insider (Fast Ring no less), by definition, I expect bugs.

I have little doubt that Microsoft takes the feedback very seriously. Why won't they? But if your particular problem is tough to fix, or not common, waiting is a drag.

Overall though, I like that the Insider is available.

dpgx81

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Loved this build on my x3 elite other than a few quirks.
1) Miracast on the lapdock was sometimes a hassle to get it to connect
2) Wifi issues - it would drop too frequently and I have a feeling this was part of the issue with Miracast.
3) Fingerprint sensor seemed a little more erratic than the stable build.

Bring on RS3 with x86 emulation and ArmV64 support :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo