Store not finding apps to update

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to B2X, the company that has the support contract for Lumia in the UK and they told me it's a bug with the creators update but everyone on it is getting it. So Microsoft are aware of it.

I was wondering if anyone who had this issue on RS2 and updated to RS3 on the fast ring got it fix? I would be happy to rejoin the fast ring if it's fixed.

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have solved this by removing the Office 365 Admin app. Finding it hard to believe that an installed app can cause the store auto update to break!

Dominique Cote

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I seem to have solved this by removing the Office 365 Admin app. Finding it hard to believe that an installed app can cause the store auto update to break!

THANK YOU for posting this. My Store broke about 4 weeks ago while I was on build 15223.0 and Store 11705.1001.21.0. Multiple store updates (I'm 11705.1001.30.0 now), two new Windows builds (15230.0) and a hard reset later, still no change.

I can CONFIRM that uninstalling the O365 admin app immediately restored the Store's self-update capability.

If I didn't know better, I'd tend to agree with another poster further up that some kind of MDM or O365 policy blocks the Store. I use "plain vanilla" O365 and no MDM beyond that. Unfortunately, I cant see anything in the O365 release notes that looks as if it might impact the Store. The odd thing is, I have numerous PCs connected to the same Microsoft Account and O365 Tennant and their Store works as expected.

I'm gonna file a bug and/or upvote on the FB hub.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've spent so freaking long on trying to find the answer to this!!!!!!! UGH!!! Feel like I've been dealing with this for a year. Judging by the time this post started, I may have been within a few months of dealing with it for that long. What is taking them so long to fix this!?

Do you all reinstall the office 365 admin app after all apps update? Did the problem re-occur?

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, it's still broken. Posted in the Feedback up and still no reply. It's been like it for nearly two years. We needed access to this app, so unfortunately we have had to move over to iOS.

cydia2020

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
As far as I know, it's still broken. Posted in the Feedback up and still no reply. It's been like it for nearly two years. We needed access to this app, so unfortunately we have had to move over to iOS.

confirm not fixed, Groove Music has a known update that upgraded on my desktop which cannot be seen on my Surface. Very annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers