Windows 10 Mobile build 14977 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about this problem occurring again after the update to the Outlook app just now, but this morning immediately after I updated my L950 to this build, my email notification will not be dismissed after I use either of the Outlook quick-actions. After choosing either of the option, the notifications will be dismissed, but the banner will remain. Closing and re-opening the Action Centre, the e-mail notification is still there. The only way to dismiss it as usual is to swipe the notification away, rendering the Outlook quick-actions useless for now :(

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Odd problem here, 950 XL ds, I went from 14393.448 to insider fast ring, 14977.1000, I then performed a hard reset...I am missing all the apps that begin in "O", OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook Mail, and Outlook Calendar. Too funny, the inconsistencies of the Windows 10 mobile is beyond belief, this stuff can change by what direction the wind is blowing, the same phone, installing the same release with totally different results.

I could repeat this charade every day and have a different behaving phone! How entertaining!! NOT

This is NOT limited to insider preview fast builds, this is ALL Windows 10 devices. I want precision and predictability with my phone, not it's own unique personality- I have a dog for that.

Last edited:

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Last photos update doesn't display properly my photos (shows a small piece in upper corner) and need to double tap in rest black screen and then the photo appears... And many crushes also...

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Text input stops displaying text after a few characters, until I exit the app and go back. So annoying.

Bluetooth disconnect and reconnect issues. 3.5mm port has same issue with headphones. Causes Groove to stop playing and not continue. But YouTube vid works. Go figure. Need to soft reboot phone to fix often times. Been several builds already.

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that my Live tiles are not updating. Still getting notifications in a timely manner but my outlook live tile for a pop account shows an email that I deleted yesterday and my Band app shows info from before the update.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Still get a delay when hitting the wake up button. Red iris scanner light comes on red but screen remains black and blank for a while before the device finally decides to wake. Often times when this happens too, the screen is severely dimmed. A quick restart helps fix it, but it comes back every once in a while.

Does anyone still bother with the iris scanner... I gave up on it, although it worked, putting in a PIN was actually faster and of course more reliable, and worked in all light conditions :excited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes (on my L950), the lock screen appears when the button is pressed, but the screen is unresponsive unless the phone is locked and then unlocked again. This was there on the last build too. Had some weirdness with Edge too, it just didn't load many pages, pages I knew to be available. The progress bar got to about 95% and then it just sat there, seems to have sorted it self for the moment, but was most annoying.

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that my Live tiles are not updating. Still getting notifications in a timely manner but my outlook live tile for a pop account shows an email that I deleted yesterday and my Band app shows info from before the update.
At some point in the last hour or so all the live tiles updated, but are again somewhat frozen in place. Not sure what is going on.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if its L535 or W10M, Store, Edge and Facebook are too slow, when same WiFi connection work perfect on Nexus 5. See lot's of loading on everything, Settings, Messaging and some other apps :-(

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
At some point in the last hour or so all the live tiles updated, but are again somewhat frozen in place. Not sure what is going on.

Same here. Worse after reboot. Clock tiles don't update etc.

Live tiles seem to be just too complicated for their developer team. Maybe they should try easier tasks first. :angry:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT version on ATT, build 14977 (FDR after update)

Today, I discovered (after a missed call due to no ring) that system sounds including ringtones were silent. Groove could play local MP3s normally. All settings were OK as far as I could tell. Rebooting restored normal operation.

BTW, are we just talking between ourselves or do MS developers see this traffic?

Paul

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Problems for the previous update still exist:

Originally Posted by Sparkz7 View Post
This is a serious bug on my lumia 535. I'm latest build fast insider. Sometimes, when the phone has been idle for a while and I try to use it by pressing the power button to unlock it, I get A BLANK SCREEN! Nothing is shown and I have to force restart or soft reset to solve it. This has been on the previous build too. If it helps, I fresh installed the previous build. I don't see anyone reporting this issue at all. Any workarounds?

I have the same phone and experience the same issue. The phone is working, as I answered a call (I know which part of the screen to press to answer a call), but the screen isn't and there is a need for a reset (I remove the battery).

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
All has been good so far, even the battery, but groove is terrible, it just keeps stopping, even on the middle of a track, totally junk.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Cortana/Search is broken on my phone (L950), it had been ok (I think), but now when I press the search button, I get the "ask me anything" prompt in the search bar, but when I start typing anything, the screen goes white, and instead of coming up with possible search suggestions, the screen just stays white, no suggestions appear, and pressing the ENTER key to submit my query does nothing.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Cortana/Search is broken on my phone (L950), it had been ok (I think), but now when I press the search button, I get the "ask me anything" prompt in the search bar, but when I start typing anything, the screen goes white, and instead of coming up with possible search suggestions, the screen just stays white, no suggestions appear, and pressing the ENTER key to submit my query does nothing.

Ironically, this is the first Fast Ring build in quite a while where Cortana seems to be working fine for me. It always took me at least two tries to do anything with Cortana by voice. Now she responds first time (albeit a bit slowly).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Ironically, this is the first Fast Ring build in quite a while where Cortana seems to be working fine for me. It always took me at least two tries to do anything with Cortana by voice. Now she responds first time (albeit a bit slowly).

I just tried Cortana and it worked perfect for me also...the phone (950XL) was even in sleep mode, with Bluetooth on:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6