New Skype Update Broke The SMS Relay

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just updated the Skype Preview app on my PC (Fast Ring), however now it can't see my phone (950XL Release Preview). :eck: When I go to the settings on PC it says "No phone connected", but on phone it says "SMS Relay Enabled". And I didn't change any setting on the phone anyways, so probably the update changed something and the PC can't see the phone right now.

Do any of you guys have this problem too?
Or is there an (un)official fix for it that I don't know?

EDIT:
PC Version: 11.10.141.0
Mobile Version: 11.9.261.0

Last edited:

frodiggs

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
same here and i just started to use it as i love the desktop integration..:angry:

insider 14986
WM 10 - 10.0.14977.100

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here! On fast ring mobile, but not pc. SMS relay was working until the latest update, now nothing...

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Man. Skype SMS relay inadvertently broken. Mobile payment in the Wallet inadvertently broken. MS is crushing it with these updates, aren't they?

frodiggs

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
FIXED!

I went into the desktop app and saw a request code area near the sync. I think checked my phone and saw that my desktop was requesting access and added the code from Skype desktop. I think went to my other machine and saw the same (thankful you can sync multiple machines) and did the same and all is well.

MS flying by the seat of their pants in fast ring/...

Brendan White

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
The joys of using Fast-Ring Alpha versions of what is already specified as a preview software. Even the public release is incomplete as it is labelled preview. It is a pity it is the only SKYPE app for Windows Mobile, but it is what it is.*
Some updates, especially insider builds that are not public releases, do break things, then Microsoft uses the feedback to fix them (hopefully). The additional security of using that code has broken it though as the code resets (for me at least) every time I sign-out of a device. That is frustrating. I've sent feedback to MS on it. Let's hope they fix it.

Mech0z

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the Skype messenger app on my phone but the fact that it tries to skype message by default instead of sms killed it for me, is it possible to change this now?

Also the skype app seemed slow in opening, compared to default sms app

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
yes, you can flick it between skype and sms with the drop down next to the message box.
However the linking of your contacts with their skype accounts seems to be a bit random and it doesn't always see the sms contact as the same as the skype contact (even if you have them linked in your contacts!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss