Windows 10 Mobile build 14998

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Installed fine, and at first glance doesn't seem to have any glaring issues. Others have said that the Windows Hello animation is faster and that you can turn off the glance-screen while charging too. Not confirmed this myself as yet, but have no reason to doubt these features are there. Although having glance always on when charging is a good thing I thought... means I can use it as my bedside clock when it's on charge overnight.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Some smarter looking graphics/icons when forwarding emails. Some issues with photos, choosing/adjusting the HDR effect on a photo caused the photo app to crash back to the desktop, not a show stopper, and doesn't happen every time. There was some corruption in the headers for WhatsApp but this seem to have sorted itself out for now. Aside from those minor things, it seems pretty good so far, certainly seems stable. Battery life seems normal, not any worse than before. I started the update this morning when the battery was full, the update and usage throughout the day so far have left the battery at 46%, but it has been off charge since about 7.00AM and was not on charge during the update, it's 14.30 here now, so down a bit on what it would normally be but that's to be expected due to the update being quite taxing on the battery when installing.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've installed hoping for a better Edge but seems the same.

The Record*option when on a call appears to have been removed but not sure if this was part of this update or an earlier one.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Dona says DON'T do it.
Capture.PNG

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I check for Updates this morning and saw the “Localization for English” appear on the Update Status Page and a "Download" notification looming within. I read that Windows Central recommended "NOT" to install, so I let it sit there; I inadvertently plugged my 950XL in, to charge. After about 1/2 hour on the charger I remembered that the update said it would "download" the next time I plugged into a charger, so I immediately opened the Update Page (to stop the download hopefully) and had an "Error Message" with a "Retry" button. I thought I would retry the update, and hopefully "cancel" the download, to wait for further clarification....after I hit the "Retry", the phone did its check and came back as "Device is up to date". I then checked the current build, and I remain at 14977; so, apparently the update has cancelled itself?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just don't be in the fast ring. Their release and preview team is incompetent and it may brick your phone. You can always temporarily switch to fast when fellow forum members give green light.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just don't be in the fast ring. Their release and preview team is incompetent and it may brick your phone. You can always temporarily switch to fast when fellow forum members give green light.
Nah...... Fast Ring till the end for me. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12