Feedback on 15007 update??

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone got the latest Windows insider preview build 15007 released today? If Yes please provide your feedback here. Thanks

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Currently downloading, but it is going rather slow at the moment.
Slow for me, too. But its chuggin' along; 25% now. THANKS for the tip. :winktongue:

Love your dog.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Google still won't load in Edge

Edit: Now it works. Wallet is broken though.

Running it on 950DS with no hard reset, upgraded from 14393.693

Last edited:

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Installed and running a lot better than the last build. Lumia 950 xl. Netflix is still broken on edge via continuum. No real notable features on Mobile. Lots of bugs on continuum. if you're not using continuum it feels a lot faster.

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Too many random reboots. Updated 4 hours ago and it has rebooted twice. Once while unlocking with windows hello second time sitting on the table by itself.

How can they introduce barely any features and but lots of bugs SMH

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Too many random reboots. Updated 4 hours ago and it has rebooted twice. Once while unlocking with windows hello second time sitting on the table by itself.

How can they introduce barely any features and but lots of bugs SMH
Thumbs up for the info. :) As for the bugs, to me it looks like a decent amount of changes, so some bugs are to be expected. Reboots though definitely warrant a SMH.

Unrelated, is this update really as big as shown? My 950XL says 7.26GB for the update. Holy ****!!

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
So I signed up for the insider fast ring and was about to download this. Just before that I rread this thread and opted out of the insider program. This is my daily driver and I dont want an unusable release. Is it really that bad with bugs and reboots?
I really want this update for my Fitbit app update for notifications.

Sent from mTalk

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So that's three out of five users who installed this talking about random reboots. Uh oh.. Has it been improving or is this build as bad as it sounds? Do the random reboots keep happening?

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Had a problem with the ESPN app (not updating scores while open) since previous builds. Once this 15007 build was installed, I attempted to reset ESPN app. After the reset, it wouldn't open. Tried uninstalling - nothing happened. Tied re-downloading but got error after error. After a soft reset, I could re-download the app (although it "appeared" to still be installed) and, lo and behold, it seems to be working fine now.

Also, Skype Preview live tile now shows new SMS messages (which it never did for me before). Phone seems to be running fine on this build - snappy and cool. Can't wait to get an SMS in the car to see if Cortana's reading of texts over Bluetooth is really improved (as promised in the release notes) - it was working for me before, but not smoothly.

All in all, enough to restore my 950XL back to daily driver status (and put my Nexus 6P back in the drawer for a while).

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I've not had any issues on my 950 so far. It hasn't spontaneously rebooted at all, been running it for about 13 hrs now. It does unlock quicker with the iris scanner now than it did before, but I'm undecided as to whether I'll leave it enabled or just go back to pin method. Battery life is normal, came off charge at around 7.00am and it's now nearly 2.00pm, battery is at 73%, so if anything it may be slightly better than before in this respect. All live tiles still functioning normally, though I use SimpleCalendar and not the Outlook calendar tile, so that may not work, I know others had issues with that before.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Its fine on my Lumia ICON :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Updates should be getting better but lately they have been getting worse, wtf Microsoft.

I Installed the latest on a 950XL. It hangs, it freezes, and groove is missing but it is still installed. It also resets itself every 15 minutes now.

This is my last time updating without checking here first.:eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)