Feedback on 15007 update??

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
We need the option to roll back updates. Microsoft should be ashamed of releasing garbage like this even in testing, smh.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 950xl and my 1520 last night. 1520 no issues so far. 950xl - constant reboots - every 5 minutes or if I try to do anything, running through my battery like crazy, wants to scan and fix my SD card after every reboot, freezes. Touchscreen almost nonresponsive and feels very warm. Removed the SD card just to see if the issues were related to an actual issue with the card, but nope, still freezes and then reboots.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ooh boy... Seems like a bit of a gamble to install this one. Unfortunately it turns out I'm a gambler.. :D

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded two builds yesterday on my 950 XL DS US, 14998, which wasn't supposed to be released but installed without issue. I then installed 15007 which for me installed fairly quickly without issue. So far I've had no random reboots and the phone is functioning perfectly. I've had it running since late last night.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Feedback Hub would not scroll immediately after update last night, is fine now. Netflix is not opening, goes to an error message.. for me. Tried a Soft-Restart, uninstall/reinstall to try and get Netflix to open...no luck. Bluetooth layout and icons are different, I like it.

Updated to 15007 with no problems, seems to be just fine for me (at the moment). So, all-in-all, happy enough (again, at the moment:) 950XL, DS, USA.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded two builds yesterday on my 950 XL DS US, 14998, which wasn't supposed to be released but installed without issue. I then installed 15007 which for me installed fairly quickly without issue. So far I've had no random reboots and the phone is functioning perfectly. I've had it running since late last night.
Hope I'm as lucky. For me the install is pretty slow. Edit: it took a little over half an hour to get back to my start screen after hitting 'restart', so not taking into account the download time and 'preparing' time. Not sure if that qualifies as 'fairly quickly'.

Last edited:

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So far it is running like a champ on my Lumia 1320. No crashes or sudden reboots. And the screen tearing that was present (but improving) since going to W10 is all but gone with this build. Also seems to get less hot than in the previous build.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hurray: ten minutes in my first reboot, trying to copy some pics off the phone. "Catastrophic failure" says my laptop. I agree, this gamble failed catastrophically!

fail.jpg

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
This update, at least on my 950XL has been pretty bad. Kind of wish I read this post before I did an update. But I am giving Microsoft the issues as they come, so I guess it's good.

Most of the issues that other users are having, I am having too. Groove just disappeared from Start and Apps list, constant restarts with the phone just sitting on my desk. Battery is getting sucked dry with little to zero use today (100% to 70% in as of 2 hours and with the constant restarts).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's going to be a device reset for me, unless anyone here has a solution. The update removed the store app, and I can't think of a way to get it back. Hoping someone here has a clever idea.. :(

Edit: phone just rebooted while trying to start a help chat. Oh irony..

Edit2: after reboot, opened groove. Looked OK. Then got into a state where scrolling the artist list worked, but the on screen buttons failed, and even the power button didn't work. And then.. reboot. I'm hosed, complete reset it is.. Ugh.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
It's not terrible, but standby battery life for me (950XL) is worse so far on this build (compared to past builds 12+ hours in).

(Too bad, because I found battery life slowly but steadily improving on past builds.)

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd report the number of crashes on this build via the feedback app, but it doesn't last long enough between crashes to load it. Soft*reset no good, so I'm off to do a hard one now

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
950XL Dual Sim

15007 is, as reported by others, causing hangs, crashes, apps fail to open. Lots of soft resets. Notifications do not clear, which was less of a problem with the last build.

For those 950XL users, are you single SIM or Dual Sim? It may help MS diagnose this.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
950XL Dual Sim

15007 is, as reported by others, causing hangs, crashes, apps fail to open. Lots of soft resets. Notifications do not clear, which was less of a problem with the last build.

For those 950XL users, are you single SIM or Dual Sim? It may help MS diagnose this.
Sounds the same. Dual sim as well, lots of music on SD card, maps on SD card. I seem to be the only one that also lost the app store. Yay!

So... what is the fastest way to get back on a production build? Or maybe I should try to reset from on the phone and restore from backup?

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
950XL-dual sim
is pretty much useless for me after this update. Random reboots, freezes causing me to soft-reset and general sluggishness are aplenty.
Couple of other things :
It takes too much time to open Whatsapp and Whatsapp drops connection in-between (seen as phone not connected when you are on web-whatsapp-com) causing a bunch of notifications to come in later.
The notification panel thinks for sometime before saying if there are notifications and quick action delays to show what is turned on as soon as you swipe down.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it's going to be a device reset for me, unless anyone here has a solution. The update removed the store app, and I can't think of a way to get it back. Hoping someone here has a clever idea.. :(

Edit: phone just rebooted while trying to start a help chat. Oh irony..

Edit2: after reboot, opened groove. Looked OK. Then got into a state where scrolling the artist list worked, but the on screen buttons failed, and even the power button didn't work. And then.. reboot. I'm hosed, complete reset it is.. Ugh.

I'm a gambler like you so I ignored my own advice and went for it on my Idol 4S. At first I thought it was a mistake. I haven't gotten a single unforced reboot but I did reboot manually a couple of times because I thought there was a problem with Monument Browser. I couldn't even uninstall it so I was just about to WDRT this thing. I went to the Store and checked for app updates and the Store itself came up. All is well after the Store update. Battery life hasn't changed, it's still great.

My main interest in getting this was the Auto HDR in the camera app. Anything to improve the imaging is my goal and it's paid off. The images are much sharper and focus has improved. Continuum works but there's some flakiness when going wireless - it won't disconnect unless you physically remove the adapter from the monitor. I'm sure an update for Continuum will take care of it so I'll stay with the wired option, it works so much better anyway.

As for the Monument Browser issues, I found that disabling the ad blocker made the gremlins go away immediately. I'm sure an update will quash that bug as well.

The new Settings layout is much more functional and intuitive so props to MS on that front. We'll see about the Bluetooth improvements when I get my car back from the shop - if I ever get it back (busted timing belt on an interference motor = junk yard).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a gambler like you so I ignored my own advice and went for it on my Idol 4S. At first I thought it was a mistake. I haven't gotten a single unforced reboot but I did reboot manually a couple of times because I thought there was a problem with Monument Browser. I couldn't even uninstall it so I was just about to WDRT this thing. I went to the Store and checked for app updates and the Store itself came up.
See, now that would be nice. Unfortunately the update ate my store, so I can't go to the store to update the store. Resetting right now, and if that still doesn't fix it I'm off to WDRT.

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
See, now that would be nice. Unfortunately the update ate my store, so I can't go to the store to update the store. Resetting right now, and if that still doesn't fix it I'm off to WDRT.

Maybe try using the new reset app option to reset the store and see if it pops up, before trying WDRT, if you haven't tried it yet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb