Feedback on 15007 update??

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try using the new reset app option to reset the store and see if it pops up, before trying WDRT, if you haven't tried it yet...
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have looked, but given that the store app was missing from the app list, I suspect it would also not show as an app reset option. Would have been good to check. To late now though! :D

Did reset on phone, restoring backup from four days ago. Should have run a backup right before taking the plunge.. Oh well, live and learn. And forget, and relearn.

vidhyasome

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have looked, but given that the store app was missing from the app list, I suspect it would also not show as an app reset option. Would have been good to check. To late now though! :D

Did reset on phone, restoring backup from four days ago. Should have run a backup right before taking the plunge.. Oh well, live and learn. And forget, and relearn.

Hahah....I want to WDRT it, but dont wanna go through the whole process again...

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Updated my 950xl and my 1520 last night. 1520 no issues so far. 950xl - constant reboots - every 5 minutes or if I try to do anything, running through my battery like crazy, wants to scan and fix my SD card after every reboot, freezes. Touchscreen almost nonresponsive and feels very warm. Removed the SD card just to see if the issues were related to an actual issue with the card, but nope, still freezes and then reboots.

Interesting, I've been having the SD card issue since the last fast ring update. Currently installing 15007

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The only issue my 1320 has run into so far is the inability to run YouTube from the web browser. MyTube still works, but the YouTube website just loads to a white screen.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hahah....I want to WDRT it, but dont wanna go through the whole process again...
So for anyone stuck in a completely unusable state, I'm happy to report that at least the 'reset' option followed by restore from a recent backup (from the 14977 state) seems to be working. The store app is back! In other good news: the action center button layout was successfully restored. Nice.

Edit: and for those unlucky ones that lost the store, there may be hope. Someone on twitter mentioned they could run the store via the Device Portal. I hadn't heard of that, requires the phone to be in Dev mode:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/device-portal-mobile

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I took the plunge and updated my 950. So far so good. No reboots and freezes.
Waiting for Fitbit to release a update for their app for notifications

Sent from mTalk

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody heard from Microsoft? Have they released any feedback yet? It may be too early, since it was released early this morning/late last night.

Why hasn't Window Central done a piece yet about this build?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont have any issues on my 950.
Users who had the. 14998 update seems to be having this issue after this update. In my case I didn't have that build before updating to 15007. Just guessing...

Sent from mTalk
I went straight from 14393.576 and the only problems I've had were what I posted earlier. Monument Browser just updated an hour ago and seems stable. Just waiting on Continuum to update to see if the disconnect bug goes away.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Chuck Pedretti

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Initial impressions on my Alcatel are good. They seem to have fixed the issue with live tiles not updating properly, and so far everything else is functioning.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow, seeing all these posts is amazing. On my 950 XL DS US, this build has given me zero issues. No random reboots, no problems at all so far. I've been running it since last night. I did install 14998 prior to this. Not sure if that helped or not.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Automatic speaker phone not working (meaning: when pulled from the ear, the call would go into speaker mode, but not now)... either it was reset to "off", and I cannot find where to change it back to "on", or it has been removed from my 950XL, DS:(

A Title, next to an Icon not showing up in Settings > Privacy:wp_ss_20170113_0004.jpg

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Automatic speaker phone not working (meaning: when pulled from the ear, the call would go into speaker mode, but not now)... either it was reset to "off", and I cannot find where to change it back to "on", or it has been removed from my 950XL, DS:(

A Title, next to an Icon not showing up in Settings > Privacy:View attachment 133253

Just tested on my 950 XL and it works fine.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
In Settings>System>Phone>Audio Routing

Thanks fatclue, I looked for half an hour trying to find that setting, even looked on that page (Settings>Phone) 10 times, but for some reason never went to the Audio Routing...duh!

Thanks again, Cheers!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
In Settings>System>Phone>Audio Routing
THANKS! lol I needed that setting too but didn't know it until I read mtf1380's post and tested my ICON :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion