Windows 10 Mobile build 15014 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Whats new, fixed, broken...

Windows 10 build 15014 for PC: Everything you need to know | Windows Central

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

1. Due to decreased usage, Apps Corner is no longer available in Windows 10 Mobile starting with Builds 15007 and above.
  2. We have fixed the issue causing some devices on Build 15007 to frequently reboot.
  3. We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen.
  4. We’ve improved speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles (for example, the images used on the MSN News app live tile).
  5. We fixed an issue where the phone’s display wouldn’t turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
  6. Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right – consistent with other system buttons in dialogs.
  7. We fixed an issue that might cause an Insider’s custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
  8. We fixed an issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.

Known issues for Mobile

1. AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge does not sync Reading List from PC to phone unless there is a restart.
  2. AAD Identity Settings Sync: Microsoft Edge is syncing passwords on phone but not showing them in “saved passwords” in Microsoft Edge settings.
  3. When you receive a new email notification and tap on it to open the message, it doesn’t open the Mail app or message.
  4. New option to pause updates contains text referencing PC-only Windows Defender.
  5. Insiders with certain devices, such as the Lumia 635 and 636, may not be able to manually change the brightness. The brightness will still automatically adjust if it is set to do so, so please use that for the time being while we investigate.
  6. The ninja cat emoji display in two characters on the keyboard instead of the expected one.
  7. Adding a new card / paying with an existing card will not work in Microsoft Wallet.
  8. The Quiet Hours quick action button in the Action Center doesn’t work.
  9. Microsoft Edge might sometimes unexpectedly not rotate into landscape mode. If this happens, try quickly locking and unlocking your phone.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15014, discuss it here.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15014, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

For me, it's like the same as previous build regarding performance and stability. Brightness button not fixed, 'loading' not fixed...

Generally, I think they really need to do some serious code optimization.

L640

Last edited by a moderator:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
[quote=maya77;3617lading and resuming is something that needs more OS refining and also hardware dependent. with lumia 640 i believe resuming screen is quite reasonable.

Myrkur

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by misterjackson
Anyone else getting this?
It's a private unlocked phone, A Lumia 950 XL. Never had any issues getting a build previously.
attachment.php

Try locking and unlocking your device with a button.

Does anyone have issues with Edge, i.e. it doesn't start, but takes me to the store instead. Also I can't find it in the store.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Try locking and unlocking your device with a button.

Does anyone have issues with Edge, i.e. it doesn't start, but takes me to the store instead. Also I can't find it in the store.
You can't find it in the Store, it's integrated into OS.

First time it failed to open for me too, but second time opened with no problems.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Did a search and found 14955 had same error returned, the advice was this: (taken from website techystatus, I didn't link to it as i figured it is taboo here)

1. Switch device to slow ring.
2. Change device date to seven days in the future.
3. Check for updates. (It should then say "Your device is up to date")
4. Change the date back to correct date.
5. Change insider settings back to fast ring.
6. Check for updates again.

Mine did respond and is now downloading 15014 (rs_prerelease).

I also had that message about my organisation managing some settings. I did a hard reset last evening and had been getting reminders continually that my insider account needed repairs, although following the notification link nothing happened.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I heard it's not good idea to play with date settings as it may require same steps for future updates, even non-insider ones.

Not tried it but heard it's not recommended to do so.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine stalled at 79% downloading for ages, eventually I turned off WiFi, which stopped the update process, switched WiFi back on, and it finished pretty quickly after that. No major issues so far, but admittedly I haven't done much with my phone this morning.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having the issue where the phone keeps notifying you that the Microsoft account needs fixing to receive insider builds?
When I click on the notification it says that everything is as it should be and I am all set for insider builds.

I have gotten the notification 6 times in the last 3 hours

misterjackson

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks guys. So I set it to slow ring, soft reset ... restarted, set back to fast ring and sure enough it's downloaded and now installing.

Thanks again :)

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Somehow when I hard reset after 15007 broke my phone it switched me to slow ring, just switched back to fast and downloading now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb