Windows 10 Mobile build 15014 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I use SimpleCalendar too, and can confirm it works and works well.

Issues I've had with this build are missing WhatsApp notifications, screen rotation not working properly (very annoying when wanting to watch a video, not sure if this is specific to Edge, I think I've seen the problem inside other apps too). Sometimes see "Resuming" in places where I never used to. Can be playing a game, and then suddenly the phone/game slows to a crawl. Battery life had been terrible since installing this build, but for some reason, today it is much better. Issue with photos and videos sometimes, it seems to place the media off the screen so all you can see is a slither of the media on one side of the screen instead of the whole picture or video.

Overall the issues with this build are not show stopping, but the build before the one that wasn't meant to be released recently was the best one for me i.e. the one we had since before Christmas. L950, single SIM UK, handset originally on o2 but now unlocked and used on Three UK. Still shows o2 splash screen on boot, not debranded.

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
It STILL takes me two tries to get Cortana to do anything via voice command. The first time, my speech registers but nothing happens - not even the "I'm thinking" sound effect. If I click the X and try again, works fine. This has been an issue for multiple builds.

950XL DS

Last edited:

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Working beautifully on 640XL. Best phone I have ever had.

Only issue, which Dona stated on release, is the Edge video rotation issue...easy fix with lock/unlock.

Sent from mtalk

Last edited:

Vasek Ranc

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
It works after restart, however, I need to restart everytime I want to install something. I believe autoupdate of apps is causing this...

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
do you guys advise me to switch to fast ring from release preview? and what is the downloadable size of the build? thanks
<begin paste>
Common FAQ
Q: Who should use the Windows Insider Fast Ring builds?
A: If you’re asking that question, then you should not be using the Windows Insider Fast Ring builds. Very very very very very few people should ever enable the fast ring builds.
<end paste>

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
If you have a Lumia 650, use fast ring. Most all complaining is regards to the Lumia 950 and 950xl. Read the what's broke and then decide if any of that is a deal breaker. If so stay on production ring.

I am not in the tech industry. Just a 49 year old that likes to stay current. I have used Windows mobile since the beginning 1996 Compaq C-140 hand held pc. (still have it and use for basic Xcel stuff) it sits on my desk ready to go all the time. I will use Windows mobile to the end, and if that means being a beta tester. So be it..

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting this?
It's a private unlocked phone, A Lumia 950 XL. Never had any issues getting a build previously.
View attachment 133428
I got something similar to that on my L1520 and I read somewhere somebody suggesting I switch to slow ring, soft rest, check for updates (which won't turn up anything) then switch back to fast ring and check for updates. This I did and the phone got back to downloading the update. Each time, however, it gets to around 65 - 73% it fails and goes back to 0%. it's done this at least four times and I've now decided maybe 15014 isn't for me yet and switched to the slow ring in the hope, if the issue isn't with my phone, maybe it would be resolved by MSFT then. No way am I going to hard reset soon unless the update holds exciting stuff for mobile!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Heres my problem Ive left feedback on the feedback hub. Lumia 950 ATT downloaded the latest update no issues with the download on the 19th. Yesterday after having no issues with Bluetooth, until then then Bluetooth and my charge 2 fitbit lost connection and I cant seem to get it back. It says on settings that its paired but when I tap to connect it only gives me the option to remove device and it will re pair but it wont connect and the fitbit app isn't finding the fitbit to sync. Any suggestions.

yaguchi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with text again sometimes I won't receive or I would get a send error. I would have to reboot it to let me get text messages again.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Checked for updates last night, nothing available but the check seemed to complete in the usual way. This morning I have different yellow text at the top of the screen to what was there previously "*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I'm sure the wording was slightly different to this previously, but anyway... the problem is, when I check for updates now, it fails almost immediately with "there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080008) [RETRY]

Was there an update last night that has failed somehow or has something else gone wrong?

UPDATE: Never mind, rebooting solved the issue of not being able to check for updates, though the yellow text about settings being managed by my organization is still there, despite my phone not being part of a corporate network/having an Exchange acct. on it... Not too bothered about this, so long as it doesn't interfere with getting future updates. I realize that the yellow text is a known issue, so not looking for any help on this aspect.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Checked for updates last night, nothing available but the check seemed to complete in the usual way. This morning I have different yellow text at the top of the screen to what was there previously "*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I'm sure the wording was slightly different to this previously, but anyway... the problem is, when I check for updates now, it fails almost immediately with "there were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080008) [RETRY]

Was there an update last night that has failed somehow or has something else gone wrong?

UPDATE: Never mind, rebooting solved the issue of not being able to check for updates, though the yellow text about settings being managed by my organization is still there, despite my phone not being part of a corporate network/having an Exchange acct. on it... Not too bothered about this, so long as it doesn't interfere with getting future updates. I realize that the yellow text is a known issue, so not looking for any help on this aspect.
Received the exact same error message, a restart fixed it for me too. Also, I have the same organizational message, only mine has changed to red text.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Trying to update my test device, Lumia 535 to this build for few days with no luck, it start downloading then stuck, like it is on 59% for half an hour now, tried different Wi-Fi connections but result is same, hard-rest it twice, erased SD card, please suggest, what should I try now?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Still cannot see any build on my 650 after #65, even after WDRT and switchin btwn rings. Damn!
Dude, I have missed your Avatar. its been months!!!! I hope your health is ok and you're back on track. It brought a big smile to my face when I saw that Avatar.

EDIT >>>>>> Especially since I'm probably one of the rare few around here who knows what that Avatar is. :wink:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15014.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6