Windows 10 Mobile build 15025 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Of all the beta cràp we had in recent months, this is one of the best versions. Fluid, good battery, and finally live tiles work. It just took them almost a year.
Agreed, so far it mostly works. For me only the weather tile is refusing to update on its own. Tried toggling it off and back on in the Background Apps section. Probably unrelated, but toggling those switches takes literally thirty seconds. The toggle is grayed out while it tries to change the setting. Never seen that elsewhere.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I switched to this ring from the Slow ring on my 950XL. However, when I check for updates I don't get the fast ring build to download. Any ideas?

How long ago did you switch from Slow to Fast? Does it tell you you're Up To Date?

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There are 2 reasons why there're lesser number of posts regarding this new build. The first plausible one is as you suggest; many users have jump ship. Another plausible reason would be the build is wayyyy better than the previous one in terms of number of bugs. When there's lesser issue, you'll hear less from people. Believe me, if a particular build causes a lot of problem, the number of posts (complaints and workarounds) will skyrocket.

Both cases are not mutually exclusive, however. So, yeah.
Both Speccy and I have been around the Latest Fast Ring Build Threads for quite a while, me 8 months, Speccy goes WAY back to when the App Gap wasn't too bad, and he's right. By my reckoning the lowering post numbers has been for about the last 4-5 Fast Ring builds.

What do you say Speccy? How many builds now?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Not getting this update after switching from release preview to fast, just getting 15007.1000 that doesn't finish downloading, stuck at 96%, reboots do not help, just starts the download from 0. Phones getting hot as hell and burning through the battery in a few hours, when on WIFI (when it's trying to download the update).

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Both Speccy and I have been around the Latest Fast Ring Build Threads for quite a while, me 8 months, Speccy goes WAY back to when the App Gap wasn't too bad, and he's right. By my reckoning the lowering post numbers has been for about the last 4-5 Fast Ring builds.

What do you say Speccy? How many builds now?

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

I've been an Insider ever since I can remember (years), but sadly I will be leaving the platform this week, the app gap is becoming greater, and there is just soooo much more available on the other platforms. Granted, a lot of it is rubbish, but there are some gems as well. I've found something similar to glance called ACDisplay which will work well enough (on the Galaxy S6) to replace it. I can use Outlook on Android too, I think the things I'll miss are the superior interface of Windows Mobile, and Alphajax, oh and the awesome LockMix app. I will however gain proper apps for things like Ebay, Amazon, my bank, a parallax 3D wallpaper (check those out on YouTube, they're awesome), a relatively cheap way of trying VR etc etc.

I'll probably be back at some point, but I fear another reset from Microsoft is on the horizon, so it's best sell my 950 while it's still worth something, and avoid my device going obsolete and plummeting in value. When MS realise their potential and release a groundbreaking category defining product, I'll very likely be back. I'll still keep an eye on things here though, I love these forums :eek:)

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Usually I avoid Fast Ring builds but just took the plunge on this one as it seems to be a decent one. So far its slick, and everything works :)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'm done with Fast Ring for now. I tried a hard reset and still had issues on 15025. So Saturday I used WDRT and went back to the production build. Forgotten how my 950XL "just worked" on the production build.

Really have myself to blame for going Fast Ring on a daily driver. I thought by buying the Nexus 6P I could use that as a daily driver and tinker with the 950XL on Fast Ring, but I found swapping sims to be a pain. On production, I actually prefer my 950XL to the Android, despite the app gap. Email and calendar management are critical for me and W10M is miles ahead of Android on that front.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
If I can't get on with Android, I'll probably pick up a 950XL at some point, but I want to give Android a fair go first. As for Insider vs Production, overall I've had a better experience with the fast-ring than I did on Production. And the current fast-ring build seems pretty good, apart from the breaking of Alphajax.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When I hard reset the build I had a mess with synchronizing contacts calendar, freezing...
This happened to previous fast also...
So dont hard reset the build!!!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Still, pretty happy with the current build (15025) on the 950XL, DS, US. No complaints.

Last edited:

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Still, pretty happy with the current build (15015) on the 905XL, DS, US. No complaints.

You mean 15025..
But dont hard reset it...
Before hard reset the phone was a bit slow when shutting internet explorer and i had not the uninstall option in apps.
I hard reset the phone and then i had many problems and returned to release preview build

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
You mean 15025..
Before hard reset the phone was a bit slow when shutting internet explorer and i had not the uninstall option in apps.
I hard reset the phone and then i had many problems and returned to release preview build
My bad....you are correct, I did mean 15025 (fat finger day:)

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
You mean 15025..

I was forced to hard reset my Icon on this build. Absolutely refused to boot, so I had no choice. However in my case it was relatively painless (if any hard reset can be termed painless). The only problem I've noticed is that my Outlook mail was messed up, but it has been for the last few builds now. Keeps saying 'fetching mail' but doesn't, and hitting the sync button results in an error. If I set it up as a Pop/Imap account instead of an Outlook.com account, it works fine. Weird. But other than that, everything seems fine at the moment.

Marcin Data

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
When I hard reset the build I had a mess with synchronizing contacts calendar, freezing...
This happened to previous fast also...
So dont hard reset the build!!!

Unfortunately - I did it (for the first time ever), just to have a clean system install, and after resetting my text messaging is completely messed up. I receive sms messages only for a while after restarting the phone, after that - it seems that they do not get through. :/

Is there a way to come back to previous build but to use the backup at the same time? I don't feel like reinstalling manually all my apps or loosing history of messages...

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been an Insider ever since I can remember (years), but sadly I will be leaving the platform this week, the app gap is becoming greater, and there is just soooo much more available on the other platforms. Granted, a lot of it is rubbish, but there are some gems as well. I've found something similar to glance called ACDisplay which will work well enough (on the Galaxy S6) to replace it. I can use Outlook on Android too, I think the things I'll miss are the superior interface of Windows Mobile, and Alphajax, oh and the awesome LockMix app. I will however gain proper apps for things like Ebay, Amazon, my bank, a parallax 3D wallpaper (check those out on YouTube, they're awesome), a relatively cheap way of trying VR etc etc.

I'll probably be back at some point, but I fear another reset from Microsoft is on the horizon, so it's best sell my 950 while it's still worth something, and avoid my device going obsolete and plummeting in value. When MS realise their potential and release a groundbreaking category defining product, I'll very likely be back. I'll still keep an eye on things here though, I love these forums :eek:)
I hear ya. I bought an Android and put my main number on it, but also bought a second sim for my ICON so I can keep on with Fast Ring, but more so to keep Windows 10 Mobile on a phone and I LOVE my mint condition ICON (25$/mo). I'm retired and DO use both phones. As a Daily Driver I always have both phones with me. ;-)

Good Luck on Android - mine's positive luxury.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

I had thoughts of going to Android, I lasted a week. I could use outlook, word, excel, which I need..... but in trying to get voice texting and voice to make a call other apps were needed, I didn't want multiple texting and e-mail, and calendar apps to make it work. I'll carry two phones and only use it for the app dispatching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire