Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having a problem with context menu's. When I right click, the menu flashes and disappears. It's still there, I just can't see it.
SP4 US

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that when I get an SMS text, the notification displays the phone number instead of the contact name. Viewing within the Messaging app displays correctly. The notifications are not correlating to the address book.
Also having issues pasting copied text anywhere.
950 XL DS US

It might be time to hard reset your phone. My 950 XL DS (Europe one) has NO such problems and no problems with context either

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It might be time to hard reset your phone. My 950 XL DS (Europe one) has NO such problems and no problems with context either

Good suggestion except that I hard reset after every 2 builds and just did after I got this build.

Also, the context issue I posted in the PC forum as it is limited to my brand new SP4.

Wiz

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Brightness settings is back to % settings. 25%, 50% etc. Recommended setting has disappeared on my 950 XL DS

Sent from mTalk

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Brightness settings is back to % settings. 25%, 50% etc. Recommended setting has disappeared on my 950 XL DS

Sent from mTalk

It seems be different when "Change brightess automatically when lighting changes" is on (then, darker - suggested - brighter) or off (then, % by % from 0 % to 100 %) ... so no 25, 50 settings. Well, europe version.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
For me this build is mostly OK, except for the BT problem and a couple of glitches here and there, but I honestly can't see a single reason to use it over the latest Production build. Are there any new features I missed?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
For me this build is mostly OK, except for the BT problem and a couple of glitches here and there, but I honestly can't see a single reason to use it over the latest Production build. Are there any new features I missed?
I don't think so, my friend. What MS giveth, MS taketh away once in a while...:winktongue:... on Fast Ring anyways...

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a wish list for the next build: 1. Continuum back (wireless) and Wireless display (screen casting), chosen by user (through Connect), 2. Facebook and Messenger should open clearly faster (less than 3 seconds) - that's not much, but I might be dreaming :)

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
:) well i started to face this problem yesterday 3 days after i installed the build.. Then i did a hard reset hoping that it would fix it but it didnt.(so yea i guess a hard reset wont fix it) I keep on changing from landscape to portrait and back most of the time...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck on 14977 build. Any tips how I can make insider works for me again?

What happens when you try to update? Does it say your device is up to date all the time? I had that with a different build. A hard reset and then switching to Fast Ring solved it.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My dads 640 is on 14965 and on that it doesnt get the new update it says device is up to date. Dont do a hard reset. It wont fix it!!!! I did one already on that....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99