Windows 10 Mobile build 15031 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Got a brand new Alcatel ICON 4s yesterday, and last night enrolled in the fast ring, and acquired this 15031 OS version. Then this morning the alarm didn't sound off at 6 AM, even with the phone fully awake. This was one of the reasons I stopped using the 950, as the OS being under development seemed half-baked and untrustworthy. Otherwise I am happy with the hardware so far.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got a brand new Alcatel ICON 4s yesterday, and last night enrolled in the fast ring, and acquired this 15031 OS version. Then this morning the alarm didn't sound off at 6 AM, even with the phone fully awake. This was one of the reasons I stopped using the 950, as the OS being under development seemed half-baked and untrustworthy. Otherwise I am happy with the hardware so far.

Just try Realarm app, as it seems to be very reliable one.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I ran the Windows Device Recovery Tool to revert back to 10.0.14393.109 and then onto .693, and will stay away from the previews for a while.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Or delete all the alarms and just recreate them, usually solves it.

I found that this worked for me too for alarm issues.

Another issue I have in the latest build is with Groove. When you edit song details, after you save changes, if you are in the Groove app, it quits back to the Start screen.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I downloaded and will try it out. The standard Alarms & Clock again didn't sound off this AM. The Quiet Hours are disabled, and I had deleted and re-added the alarm item a couple of times. I am back on the 14393.693 build, by the way, so the alarms issue isn't just a fast ring problem.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
FM radio works just fine (well, only through wired head set)

There is a nice FM radio app in store: Radio FM Phone by Lars Nowak

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
FM radio works just fine (well, only through wired head set)

There is a nice FM radio app in store: Radio FM Phone by Lars Nowak

On which phone? The FM hardware wasn't exposed in earlier builds, so no matter what app you used, you'd never get FM radio functionality (on some models).

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I just installed an chinese FM radio app. It can even move the sound to speakers (from head set) ... well, it crash easily, so just use arrows to find radio stations(specially trial versio). By the way, someone wrote that it works even for Lumia 950 :p

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%25E6%2592%25AD%2F9nblggh40lt2&token=NH4ecFG6

Yes just tried it in Lumia 950 and works with no hack!Even through speaker, of course you need the wired headset for antenna.Needs work but is evolutionary.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes just tried it in Lumia 950 and works with no hack!Even through speaker, of course you need the wired headset for antenna.Needs work but is evolutionary.

Interesting, but too little too late, have gone to the dark side now. Still have my L950 sitting on the shelf at home unused, but will likely sell it in the next couple of weeks.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Market share for windows mobile currently is 0.25%....

Does not matter for me. Lumia 950 XL DS is available with very good price now. You can not get android phone with a such great camera on that price (for example, OnePlus 3T camera is not that good, not dual SIM with separate microSD card, etc.)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have encountered a few issues recently, not deal breakers, but inconvenient for sure.

1 - The wifi will just stop working and action center won't open the wifi option to connect to a new network. A device restart fixes this.

2 - Recently, one random day, my battery just seemed to drain really quickly, within 4 hours. Luckily I managed to recharge it using my power bank and this has not happened since.

3 - When my 950XL is locked and not in use, on occasion, I will hear random Cortana sounds. As if Cortana is listening by herself (creepy!). When I unlock my phone, after hearing the sound, lo and behold, the Cortana 'How can I help?' screen is shown.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz