Windows 10 Mobile build 15043 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Same here, had to manually install maps, groove, and outlook. Also, maps works, but navigation does not on my 650 after a full factory reset. Great build though!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that there are times when my 950xl just pauses for a few seconds where nothing works and screen Is not responsive. Happens in games, store, anywhere really. Anyone else notice this?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't really have the luxury to purchase a high R/W speed SD card, and saving the photos I took straight into the SD card would cause the "Applying final touches" to finish slower than saving the photos straight to the internal memory.

Nevertheless, I've learnt a lesson to always back up my photos and documents to the SD card at least once a week. I guess this is what they truly call 'life in the Fast Ring'. Never had any bugs before, and this happened right before my new semester starts. *sigh*

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I like that those apps, IE: Groove, Outlook, etc., are not installed. I have been wanting to uninstall Groove for a long time!!

This build has been very good so far, today I will test it out, I don't use my device on the weekends like I do M-F so here is to hoping the battery is good.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
A few issues for me surrounding the Edge browser.

1 - It never signs me in, so my Favourites never appear until I force it to sign in.

2 - Sometimes I cannot edit a URL in the address bar.

3 - Sometimes I am not able to open a new tab, the button is unresponsive.

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Ah yes, Edge and favorites..... when will they get it right?

Edge took a good 12 hours before it synced my favorites after my factory reset. And even then, the synch was not 100%. There are several left over from an older sync that were not deleted.... they were deleted from my tablet but are still there on my phone. I know it synched because other changes I made at the same time are correct.

And editing favorites (which I do on my PC) is horrid. My main PC browser is Chrome, which is not available on W10 Mobile so I am forced to use a stupid workaround... import my favorites from Chrome to Edge on my PC, then rely on sync to get them onto my phone. Which forces me to have at least one PC using a MS account, which I would prefer not to do. And while Edge does import favorites from Chrome (on a PC), A) it appends them to whatever is already present and B) it does not place the contents of the Chrome bookmarks bar on the Edge favorites bar. You do that manually. Which is VERY tedious because YOU CAN'T SELECT AND DRAG MULTIPLE ITEMS to delete them or move them. I am totally baffled why MS hasn't gotten such a basic feature set right yet.

Paul

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ah yes, Edge and favorites..... when will they get it right?

Edge took a good 12 hours before it synced my favorites after my factory reset. And even then, the synch was not 100%. There are several left over from an older sync that were not deleted.... they were deleted from my tablet but are still there on my phone. I know it synched because other changes I made at the same time are correct.

And editing favorites (which I do on my PC) is horrid. My main PC browser is Chrome, which is not available on W10 Mobile so I am forced to use a stupid workaround... import my favorites from Chrome to Edge on my PC, then rely on sync to get them onto my phone. Which forces me to have at least one PC using a MS account, which I would prefer not to do. And while Edge does import favorites from Chrome (on a PC), A) it appends them to whatever is already present and B) it does not place the contents of the Chrome bookmarks bar on the Edge favorites bar. You do that manually. Which is VERY tedious because YOU CAN'T SELECT AND DRAG MULTIPLE ITEMS to delete them or move them. I am totally baffled why MS hasn't gotten such a basic feature set right yet.

Paul

Thanks for your feedback, Paul. I use Edge across all my devices. Hopefully the latest version of Edge in desktop fast ring build is better. I only just found out that Edge on my phone allows me to now read ebooks with ebooks in the store too. Not sure I can buy the books though. I am not based in the USA.

Battery life is okay. I get about 12 hours maximum.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Kerry, I have a question for you: I went into Edge and I got a Sign-In screen, is this what you got...a sign-in screen?

No, I just got a black screen for a couple of seconds, then it crashed back to the Start screen. Hasn't happened since the second device restart, though.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I would love to use one browser across all my devices and while I prefer Chrome, I don't actually hate Edge. But I also own and use a Nexus 5X (Android) that does not run Edge so I am forced to use two different browsers since I flip back and forth between my L950 and my Nexus 5X.

My previous workaround (going back to the Windows 8 days) was to use a Windows mobile app called "Bookmarks Manager" on my Windows phone. It can import favorites exported from Chrome and displays them correctly formatted (including the bookmarks bar). But lately it has been extremely flakey when trying to sign into OneDrive (the only place it looks for exported bookmarks files) and while it is still in the Store, the developer seems to be AWOL and the issue has never been fixed.

Paul

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

Turns out that although Edge seemed to sync all my favorites (after a good 12 hours), the sync is incomplete (24 hours later, at least). Several of my favorites bar bookmarks are nested folders. The parent folder is present, but they are all empty.

I've sent feedback on this before. MS doesn't seem to care.

Paul

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Switched to the fast lane after quite a while on the release preview one.

The update rolled absolutely smooth on my 950 DS and it's been running perfectly ever since.

I have never had such a smooth transition between WM10 versions, to be honest.

I guess this is very close to release now.

Battery life seems a bit better than on RS1.

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Build 15043 gets stuck at 95%, this has happen numerous times, installing apps seems to take forever, sometimes they just don't download. I'm in Australia, I'm wondering if the microsoft servers are running correctly ? This is the second time I have tried to install the latest build on fast ring.
First time installing this update my 930 was stuck on the nokia boot logo, I had it plug in all night and by the time I had woken up the phone had ran out of battery even though it was plug in.
So I had to do a recovery since charging wasn't working, finally got it up and running, decided not to use a backup and do a complete reinstall hoping that the last 15043 build would install correctly.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 Dual Sim Unlocked (AT&T)

Update was easy and it is running far, far better than the last few updates. I am very pleased.

If you complain about a build and do not post what phone you are using, you will be ignored!

Microsoft puts a lot of money into releasing these builds to the public and expect quality feedback. If you do not give them the information they need, you are a USELESS member of the Insider Program.

Imagine you are testing a new blend of gasoline and you post that your car just stopped and is not starting, but never tell anyone what car, what engine, what transmission you are using!

That is what posts without your phone details are to Microsft......USELESS!

bigblip00

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Got hung on the Windows Logo while upgrading from Release Preview to Fast Ring on a Lumia Icon.
Windows Device Recovery Tool failed.
Used the instructions here successfully and it booted up into 15043.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10768/windows-10-mobile-reset-my-phone
  1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
  2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
  3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
(Note - this is a device that doesn't have carrier service (this is my old phone, my main phone is now an Alcatel Idol 4S.) Had to remove the SIM to get past the language setup.)

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
950xl dual sim usa. Hung during the download phase. Forced Rebooted. Installed again without incident. Random rebooted itself several times since. During one of the random reboots, it hung at the initial "MICROSOFT" word. Forced reboot worked.

Hold down both the Power and Volume Down buttons until it vibrates to initiate a forced reboot.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
950XL, smooth sailing upgrade, the only small hitch i have from time to time is that the screen goes black and I get the message .....Updaating.....

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Moved to this build from production build on a lumia 535. The installation stuck on the blue windows logo after reboot. So I had to do a hard reset with the buttons sequence to make the device working again. The most annoying bug I have observed so far is that maps are flickering on my device. The frame of the map slightly resizes by a few pixels when moving around and the OS repeatedly redraws the map. The buttons above the map drawing (compass, position etc.) flickers during this process too. Other than that the bugs are minor. Some temporally freezes now and then.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
950XL download and install quickly, did a HR an used it all day yesterday, NO GROOVE, steamed audio all day to Bluetooth HS and had 47% at turn in time, 15-16 hours. Best battery use I can remember. The device is running very well. Cortana read a text but did not continue when I responded.

Loaded my 950 yesterday and it froze two times and wouldn't boot, had to do a WDRT and the gradual update process. Got it done last evening and did a HR and loaded my apps, working very good this am, may put my SIM in it and use it. I wish wallet worked but I can deal with it. It may be a good idea it doesn't work for security reasons....

Keep up with builds like this Microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium