Windows 10 Mobile build 15043 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
]I jumped on hoping some new features at least night mode for the display. Guess I have to keep changing display manually to orange tint. Wow there is like no new features at all when going from stable branch

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Also, Outlook Mail & Calendar stopped producing toast notifications in the action centre (can only know if there're new e-mails via live tiles), but I don't think this issue was caused by this new build. It was the recent update to the Outlook app that caused it. I believe it is so because this issue started after I updated the Outlook app, before updating to this latest build.

Yesterday, after updating to this build, mine was working fine. Today, a little while after having posted my update above, I noticed my Glance Screen showing 3 emails. No notification sound had came through and there was no notification in Action Centre, but the live tile was also showing 3 emails.

I checked in-app, and notification sounds, etc were all turned on.

I then checked Settings > System > Notifications and actions > Outlook Mail.

I noticed everything was turned on as expected, but hidden at the bottom of the app was 'Group notifications', which I had never seen before (see attached screenshot).
vp0oBHH.jpg

This was turned on, but when I went into it by clicking Outlook (via Outlook Mail) the "show notification in action centre" was not turned on under that section. I turned it on and, since then, have received an email with the sound having played, notification banner and action centre appearing as it should, as well as being shown on lock screen icon and live tile. All is working fine now.

Rather than pinning Outlook Mail to Start via the all apps list when I set my phone up when I first got it, I had actually gone into Outlook Mail app and pinned my Outlook account folder within the app to Start. It appears this particular 'hidden' setting (within the Outlook Mail notification under the system settings) is related to the actual Outlook account tile I had pinned to Start.

Hopefully this is of some help. 🤞

Sent from mTalk

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Holy sh*t, my phone just got bricked. It is now showing a blue screen with the header titled "Recovery" on the top. It says
"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
Error Code: 0xc0000017

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer"

Sh*t, all my photos that I took~ All those memories!! I'm this close to crying :'(
Before I attempt WDRT, does anyone face this issue as well? I did not do anything with my phone at all. I left it beside my laptop while playing games, and it was alright. Then I proceed to charge my phone, and this happened. Out of nowhere. T~T

I

migadde lenon

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
On my nokia 1520 a few days back my cirtana was not responding but after the update today, things are working out fine. The onky issue is apps crashing when you browse them for some good time mostly facebook, messanger and instagram

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Sh*t, all my photos that I took~ All those memories!! I'm this close to crying :'(

I

Did you have the phone configured to upload your photos to OneDrive? If so, they are all still there and will be available on your phone after you reset it.

I consider absolutely everything on my phone to be 100% volatile unless I have it backed up somewhere else. Either to the cloud or an SD card, or external on a PC. There is NOTHING on my phone that I can't afford to lose at a moment's notice.... because it could happen.....

Paul

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I think am hearing or seeing many positives on this build than i thought. May be it's now the time for me to jump in. Thanks guys for your reports. Keep it up 👍

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Holy sh*t, my phone just got bricked. It is now showing a blue screen with the header titled "Recovery" on the top. It says
"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
Error Code: 0xc0000017

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer"

Before I attempt WDRT, does anyone face this issue as well? I did not do anything with my phone at all. I left it beside my laptop while playing games, and it was alright. Then I proceed to charge my phone, and this happened. Out of nowhere. T~T

I
What phone

Sent from Idol 4s

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, after updating to this build, mine was working fine. Today, a little while after having posted my update above, I noticed my Glance Screen showing 3 emails. No notification sound had came through and there was no notification in Action Centre, but the live tile was also showing 3 emails.

I checked in-app, and notification sounds, etc were all turned on.

I then checked Settings > System > Notifications and actions > Outlook Mail.

I noticed everything was turned on as expected, but hidden at the bottom of the app was 'Group notifications', which I had never seen before (see attached screenshot).
http://i.imgur.com/vp0oBHH.jpg

This was turned on, but when I went into it by clicking Outlook (via Outlook Mail) the "show notification in action centre" was not turned on under that section. I turned it on and, since then, have received an email with the sound having played, notification banner and action centre appearing as it should, as well as being shown on lock screen icon and live tile. All is working fine now.

Rather than pinning Outlook Mail to Start via the all apps list when I set my phone up when I first got it, I had actually gone into Outlook Mail app and pinned my Outlook account folder within the app to Start. It appears this particular 'hidden' setting (within the Outlook Mail notification under the system settings) is related to the actual Outlook account tile I had pinned to Start.

Hopefully this is of some help. ??????

Sent from mTalk

I appreciate the input, but sadly I cannot test this myself as of now since my phone is somehow bricked :'(

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you have the phone configured to upload your photos to OneDrive? If so, they are all still there and will be available on your phone after you reset it.

I consider absolutely everything on my phone to be 100% volatile unless I have it backed up somewhere else. Either to the cloud or an SD card, or external on a PC. There is NOTHING on my phone that I can't afford to lose at a moment's notice.... because it could happen.....

Paul

Sadly, no. It's because my WiFi speed is quite terrible, and uploading to OneDrive affects the speed of other devices connected to the same WiFi. I could use my uni's WiFi, but I wouldn't want to hang out there since I prefer studying at the comfort of my own room.

Anyway, I guess I'd have to accept the fact that my photos are gone. :'(

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Jumped back into the Fast Ring based on good reports. Installed this build last night. So far, so good. Biggest issue I've had so far is Edge failing to open. Had it happen to me a couple times so far. A power off-on has fixed it both times. Battery life has been terrible, but that's a function of being in Edge so much testing it plus the power cycles (which inexplicably always cost several percent of battery each).

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nothing bad to report yet. Coming from preview release build and was constantly hanging from 14965 build and wouldn't go any further. WRT the phone and went to fast and no probs downloading. The noti screen seems to snap down faster but bugs seem to show their ugly heads a few days into the builds.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Mixed bag here.... update from production build went OK but I noticed that overnight OneDrive consumed a significant amount of battery in the background.

So.... I decided to do a FDR to see what happened. That proceeded normally but upon completion of the reset and restore, I found several apps had not reinstalled.... including Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and Groove. Their tiles on the start screen were grayed out. Clicking on the grayed out Outlook Mail tile took me to the Store to download and install it, and when I told it to download, it stalled about 3/4 of the way through the process. I paused the process and then restarted it and it completed. Ditto for the calendar and I think also Groove.

I finally got things back up and running but I can't figure out why those apps were missing in the first place. They are included by default in the build, right?

Paul

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Mixed bag here.... update from production build went OK but I noticed that overnight OneDrive consumed a significant amount of battery in the background.

So.... I decided to do a FDR to see what happened. That proceeded normally but upon completion of the reset and restore, I found several apps had not reinstalled.... including Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and Groove. Their tiles on the start screen were grayed out. Clicking on the grayed out Outlook Mail tile took me to the Store to download and install it, and when I told it to download, it stalled about 3/4 of the way through the process. I paused the process and then restarted it and it completed. Ditto for the calendar and I think also Groove.

I finally got things back up and running but I can't figure out why those apps were missing in the first place. They are included by default in the build, right?

Paul

This happens to my 950 after hard reset.Must be a bug.
Apps like mail calendar groove, maybe calculator do not appear after hard reset...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers