Windows 10 Mobile build 15043 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Jumping into the fast ring on my Idol I'll be reporting back back after a little while with it

Sent from Idol 4s

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
OOPS..... when I tried to send feedback from the OneDrive app, it froze the phone and required a battery pull to restore operation. That is not acceptable so it is back to the coffee table and I'll use my Nexus 5X as my daily driver until the next build drops.

Paul

WHOA! A short time after I sent feedback on the OneDrive issue, I got an Email from the MS team asking for more information! I have sent feedback before and it was like shouting into a well.... no response EVER (and I didn't expect one). But this time it seems MS actually wants to fix something. Good on them. I've kept the phone active on 15043 (with the SIM transferred to my Nexus) and I'll try to get them more data to chew on.

I did notice as I scrolled through the feedback hub that A) there is a lot of feedback about abnormal battery consumption and B) essentially NONE of it has enough information to actually focus on a specific cause. In my case it was pretty easy to be specific about the cause since NOTHING should have been running overnight. That made the huge drain from OneDrive stand out like a sore thumb.

Paul

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, on my L950 (single SIM) it does NOT do this after a soft reset (power + volume down). POWER + VOLUME DOWN, wait for vibrate, then let it reboot and the SD card is still present and can be accessed without the OS asking to repair it.

Paul

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, on my L950 (single SIM) it does NOT do this after a soft reset (power + volume down). POWER + VOLUME DOWN, wait for vibrate, then let it reboot and the SD card is still present and can be accessed without the OS asking to repair it.

Paul
How big is your card ? - my card is Samsung Pro+ 128 Gb - it might be a reason for that ....

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
How big is your card ? - my card is Samsung Pro+ 128 Gb - it might be a reason for that ....

My card is just an 8GB SD card, about 75% full. If it makes a difference, the OS does not store anything having to do with the OS on it. It is where I store files like my music.

Paul

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Lumia 950 XL DS after soft reset -> asking to repair it and inform that fixed it (probably just unsafe release of SD card by soft reset). It does it every time after soft reset (I tried few times).

Mine is a different issue. The card just disconnects randomly while the phone is on. The only way to get it back is to reboot. No warning about repairing like I used to get on my 950 XL. Now on the HP X3 it just disappears. I have a 200gb card.

Last edited:

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine is a different issue. The card just disconnects randomly while the phone is on. The only way to get it back is to reboot. No warning about repairing like I used to get on my 950 XL. Now on the HP X1 it just disappears. I have a 200gb card.

Same issue here on my HP x3. Tried both a 64gb and 128gb card, same results. Too bad, rest of the build is pretty decent actually.

Another bug I've found is when you try to change your sim's APN and change a few settings like ipv4. Phone hangs for about 10 seconds, then force closes the settings panel.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here on my HP x3. Tried both a 64gb and 128gb card, same results. Too bad, rest of the build is pretty decent actually.

Another bug I've found is when you try to change your sim's APN and change a few settings like ipv4. Phone hangs for about 10 seconds, then force closes the settings panel.

I haven't tried to change my APN but I'm wondering now if the SD card issue is hitting only the HP X3 in this manner. On my 950 XL which is my backup, the same size SD card has no issues except the scan/fix pop-up every once in awhile that others reported. Also, today when my X3 was in its dock, I couldnt unlock it. The background was there but no digits on the screen. I had to undock and use fingerprint.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Lumia 950 XL DS after soft reset -> asking to repair it and inform that fixed it (probably just unsafe release of SD card by soft reset). It does it every time after soft reset (I tried few times).

I get the same behavior just about every time I do a soft reset, AND it has happened ti me on the last 3 builds.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
So far so good on my idol haven't personally noticed any glaring bugs and feels pretty stable no resets or anything

Sad part about this build i haven't noticed much different on this version from the production ring

Sent from Idol 4s

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So far so good on my idol haven't personally noticed any glaring bugs and feels pretty stable no resets or anything

Sad part about this build i haven't noticed much different on this version from the production ring

Sent from Idol 4s

but does it seem faster?

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Sent from Idol 4s

I've felt that way too.

The main advantage I see is the ability to encrypt the micro SD card and to reset an app to it's original state.

I guess that speed wise it's on WP 8.1 levels as well, which is an improvement over RS1.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
but does it seem faster?
Definitely a bump in speed and performance but I'm disappointed on new features, ill have to look at the list of new stuff again but id recommend jumping in now on the fast ring if u want u jump start on the creators update

Sent from Idol 4s

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Once again used the DRT to wipe my 950 XL and try again (switched to the Slow Ring and tried downloading)... It's been hanging at 81% for 9 hours...... Frustrating!

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Build 15043 gets stuck at 95%, this has happen numerous times, installing apps seems to take forever, sometimes they just don't download. I'm in Australia, I'm wondering if the microsoft servers are running correctly ? This is the second time I have tried to install the latest build on fast ring.
First time installing this update my 930 was stuck on the nokia boot logo, I had it plug in all night and by the time I had woken up the phone had ran out of battery even though it was plug in.
So I had to do a recovery since charging wasn't working, finally got it up and running, decided not to use a backup and do a complete reinstall hoping that the last 15043 build would install correctly.

I used the DRT to start fresh (didn't install backups), after the download hanging several times. I'd wiped it using the DRT and tried soft/hard resets.. Still no luck getting it to download. It's been hanging on 81% for a bit over 9 hours now

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I get the same behavior just about every time I do a soft reset, AND it has happened ti me on the last 3 builds.
Is your microSD card 64 Gb or bigger one ? - it might be a problem only with big microSD cards. Anyway, it seems that all is OK with microSD card, even a such behaviour is not nice one.
Btw, idle power consumption seems to be OK with this build, just 1-2 % in an hour (depending on your background processes). I just disabled some unnecessary background processes and it seems helping a battery last longer in daily use too (more than I was expecting).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb