Windows 10 Mobile build 15043 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Groove, outlook, maps, movies and tv. None of these are included with Windows when you reinstall/reset on mobile. Have to go to the store to get them installed.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Also calculator and voice recorder.

Wtf why were all of these left out/separated?!.....

I can already here the crap comments from iPhone and Android users. "your phone doesn't even have a calculator"

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
can you uninstall them after that? sounds mighty good to me
Yes that's a welcome addition
KTAbXIQ.jpg

Idol 4s

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
15047 is hanging on my 950 XL too. Why is this happening? Even if I use the DRT or soft reset, when I try to download, it hangs for hours every time

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
No, I don't have one. I've tried using the DRT to go back to an earlier build, soft/hard resetting.. Several times for this build and 15043

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Have tried the WDRT about 5 times now. Not without my SIM though. I'll try that next, it just jumped from 42% after several hours to 78% but still hanging. No idea why this has happened for both of the most recent builds after never having issues before

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Did you try to use WDRT to install an original build and updated (latest) firmware ? - did you try without SIM ?
Removed my SIM, used the WDRT to go back to an older build.. Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half... I'd give up but like with 15043, my battery will keep draining trying to download the update. FRUSTRATING.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Removed my SIM, used the WDRT to go back to an older build.. Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half... I'd give up but like with 15043, my battery will keep draining trying to download the update. FRUSTRATING.
It sounds that you have a connection problem, not a problem with a phone. You wrote: "Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half..."

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It sounds that you have a connection problem, not a problem with a phone. You wrote: "Download still hanging at 38% after an hour and a half..."

that is if that thing is actually telling the truth, I bet if you check your router the phone is not doing anything and your network is fine, otherwise it would be clear and painful to have a device sucking down all of your wifi capacity for HOURS

it is common nowadays for loading animations to not be directly representative of what is really happening, a process could be stuck at the "downloading" phase from a UI perspective but in reality be stuck because of a local I/O issue like onboard storage being maxed out by some buggy code and hence the download being "stuck"

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
that is if that thing is actually telling the truth, I bet if you check your router the phone is not doing anything and your network is fine, otherwise it would be clear and painful to have a device sucking down all of your wifi capacity for HOURS

it is common nowadays for loading animations to not be directly representative of what is really happening, a process could be stuck at the "downloading" phase from a UI perspective but in reality be stuck because of a local I/O issue like onboard storage being maxed out by some buggy code and hence the download being "stuck"

Tried everything possible, it was definitely trying to download - but stuck. I ended up using tE WDRT (again) and switching to the Release Preview ring. I'm too nervous to switch to Fast or Slow in case I get stuck with the same issue all over again.

Joseph Gould

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Yeah it definitely was sucking the life out of my home/work WiFi. My home WiFi went from good to awful through the whole ordeal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)