Windows 10 Mobile build 15047 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Sharing works fine after a few tries.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Still can't get Edge to share web page on Lumia 650. I have been able to use my Bluetooth headset to call up Cortana, dictate a text and send. Waiting for a reply to try out that function.

None of the fast ring builds have been as fluid on my 650 as the production ring.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. What have you tried to fix?

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Usually initializes then brings up your song list. Now it just stays on the start up screen. I can't uninstall it cause its greyed out. Tried to update through the store but nothing so far other than factory reset.

Mitja358

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 650 - Can't update to this build. No updates available, Fast Ring confirmed and current build is 15043. Anyone with similar problems? Tried soft reset few times, probably the only way is hard reset.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Mine is buggier than previous build. Seems to crash or freeze more frequently (maybe in edge). I'm not complaining it's Fast Ring. And I'm pleased my crashes (hopefully) are fed back to Microsoft.

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Icon (two of them) Same symptoms.

Hangs on Download.

Soft Reset
Hard Reset
WRT

No matter what, sometimes it gets to 85% sometimes only 30% it varies.
I also noticed the "Store" hangs on all app downloads at the same time.

Changed Every setting I can think of.

Anyone find a work around on this yet?

This has been going on with the last x3 builds.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Another bug I noticed is that quiet hours seem to be forgotten after every time I update to a new build. So I have to turn them off and on again and then they work.

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Have just updated to the latest fast ring build. When I go to open Cortana, it opens then closes again straight away. Anyone else experiencing this. Tried a soft reset but it still does it. Might need a hard reset.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Another bug I noticed is that quiet hours seem to be forgotten after every time I update to a new build. So I have to turn them off and on again and then they work.

I've not encountered that on my Lumia 950.

I was on Release Preview build 14393.726, updated to Fast Ring 15043 on 25 February and then 15047 on 4 March.

I have Quiet Hours scheduled to come on at 22:45 until 08:00. I've not had to reset or toggle things off and on, it's transitioned and worked properly across the build updates.

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Any one else seeing random reboots with this build? My 950 has rebooted at least 4 times today alone. Once it was while using Edge. And the other times I have not had any apps open and the phone was just plugged into my charger with nothing open in the background.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Any one else seeing random reboots with this build? My 950 has rebooted at least 4 times today alone. Once it was while using Edge. And the other times I have not had any apps open and the phone was just plugged into my charger with nothing open in the background.
Same here a bunch of random reboots on my idol maybe 3-4 times randomly in my pocket

Also sometimes when the screen is off it won't come back on and I have to soft reset it that happened about 2-3 times today

Idol 4s

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I also get a lot if random reboots on my 950xl. Really annoying. The Setup application also freeze for 5, 10, 20 seconds and sometimes forever. Edge very often seems to load a page, but it shows up blank. When I connect to wifi manually, it looks like the phone is trying to connect even after a connection has been established. Worst build for me in a long time! 😕

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone, who has random reboots, tried hard reset ? - I can remember that I had once an insider build that did not work well until hard reset. It was a long time ago, but it might be still the same.

Just adding that my build (15047) is stable one. No problems here.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Almost no problems at all. Lock screen won't swipe up but very rarely, but press the power button off & back on cures it.

Battery 49% after 12 hours, streaming to Bluetooth headset. I am pretty happy about that.

Cortana announces an incoming text but now and then waits for my response. A lot of the times she just disconnects.

Other than that all apps working, live tiles updating. :smile:

Edit to add:
I have the reboot problem when disconnecting from Continuum.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm really not seeing any issues at all except the known bug with the X3 regarding SD Card connectivity. Battery life has been amazing. This is the first build that's every given me a full day on a single charge!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea