Windows 10 Mobile build 15055 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Every time for the last few builds, after a reboot or restart I get a message that my micro SD card has errors, everybody else getting that too? 950 and 950 XL both dual sim

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Every time for the last few builds, after a reboot or restart I get a message that my micro SD card has errors, everybody else getting that too? 950 and 950 XL both dual sim

Yes, got that on the previous 2 builds, not with this one, and have done a soft reset since installing, no SD issues so far.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
All smooth install on 1520.3, including subsequent Store app update. Seems to have fixed a small bug where volume control was sometimes lost on Bluetooth speakers and ear buds.

Last edited:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Soft resets will crash the mounted SD card and then it takes forever (40 minutes or so) to do the file system check. Everything will be fine then, but much of your mobile will not be usable until the fs check is finished. Just one more crappy implementation of W10M.

Solution: unmount first!

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Soft resets will crash the mounted SD card and then it takes forever (40 minutes or so) to do the file system check. Everything will be fine then, but much of your mobile will not be usable until the fs check is finished. Just one more crappy implementation of W10M.

Solution: unmount first!
Are you sure that you are talking about the current insider build 15055 ? - it should be fixed in this build (well, there was a problem with the previous builds) ...

glennmorita

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have two L928s running Build 15055. Much smoother that i expected. Battery life is just OK given the heavier OS load. Interestingly one can display 8 small tiles where as the other can only show 6. Weird!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
When is the open market Alcatel Idol 4s ROM coming to WDRT? This way those of us wanting can jump on an insider build with that device without reservation.

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Updated on 950XL DS. Store was working fine and updating too. Then I tried doing a search within the store.
That borked it permanently.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Store (including search and updates) working fine, so far. Overall, this build is a two thumbs up 👍, for me. Battery, heat, response, all good.

950XL, DS, US

bigblip00

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Updated successfully on Icon (after letting 14393 update fully including all store apps and soft resetting - don't know if that is what let me finally get to finish the fast ring download, but that's what I did...).
Anyway - anyone else get a notification about trying out Gestures Beta, but when you click on it, nothing happens?
It wasn't a normal notification, but a gray box with a X in the upper left corner.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So.... what is the point of releasing a build like this one with a flawed store app and buggy app updates? Yesterday I had four important apps that repeatedly terminated their updates with an error.... and then tried over and over, wasting battery. Today, the store app successfully updated and now won't open any more (expected behavior?). It is difficult to tell the known bugs apart from the unknown (and therefore reportable) bugs.

I like the phone and I want to like Windows Mobile but it has seemed for a long time that we are going backwards. I expect any day to hear that MS has pulled the plug on Windows Mobile.

Paul

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
So.... what is the point of releasing a build like this one with a flawed store app and buggy app updates? Yesterday I had four important apps that repeatedly terminated their updates with an error.... and then tried over and over, wasting battery. Today, the store app successfully updated and now won't open any more (expected behavior?). It is difficult to tell the known bugs apart from the unknown (and therefore reportable) bugs.

I like the phone and I want to like Windows Mobile but it has seemed for a long time that we are going backwards. I expect any day to hear that MS has pulled the plug on Windows Mobile.

Paul

The way I read the announcement is that, if Store was working for you on the build, no apps at all would successfully update.

If it was an inbox app (which I have understood as meaning a Microsoft one which can't be uninstalled, such as Outlook Mail) then the update would just keep failing. However, if it is an app that can be uninstalled then reinstalled, then to update it you would need to uninstall and reinstall.

As to why this build was released a couple of days after the previous one, with more bugs introduced than fixes, who knows?! It seems strange. Maybe they're just wanting to get more data on build-to-build upgrades so it is as smooth as possible for when they roll out to non-Insiders in the coming weeks?

I had paused updates for 7 days when I installed build 15047 and didn't bother upgrading to 15051 when it came to Fast Ring. After reading the blog for 15055, I changed to Slow Ring because of this Store issue.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have tried all insider builds and I feel that the latest build 15055 is the best so far ... I am missing other improvements now, like Photos (thumbnails should be faster), Camera (more stable and missing flash with forced HDR On), pinning Edge tiles make ugly tiles (well, you can make your own tiles), Continuum (oversize in TV, not adjustable), fixing Facebook and Messenger apps (slow opening and not working properly on background - often slow resuming), etc.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The general impression of W10M is, that its development is totally f-ed up.
Probably C++ spaghetti code completely unmanageable. The store problems are just one example. Fix one bug and introduce 3 new ones.

And they want to release creators update in just a few weeks?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Well they all have bugs and I know I have had my moments of severe frustration, but my cure for that is use a Hemroid or a Crapple phone and you'll be HAPPY to fire up the Windows device ;)

These last fast ringers have been hands down better and very usable.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Well they all have bugs and I know I have had my moments of severe frustration, but my cure for that is use a Hemroid or a Crapple phone and you'll be HAPPY to fire up the Windows device ;)

These last fast ringers have been hands down better and very usable.

Wow, my experience has been the total and exact opposite. Ever since Android 7 hit, my Nexus 5X has been absolutely perfect in every way except for a couple minor missing features. Totally stable and reliable. That INCLUDES the beta versions of 7.x that I used.

By contrast, on my L950 I have NEVER been able to go more than a couple days on ANY fast ring release without running into a serious bug. And they seem to be getting worse, not better. As I have said before, if MS wants feedback based on real use as opposed to occasional coffee table use, they need to get rid of the more glaring bugs so us brave souls can actually trust and use our phones. I load a new fast ring release, find a serious issue that means I can't trust the phone to be reliable and not drain my battery when I'm not looking.... and I shoot off some feedback, put it on the coffee table and put my SIM in my Android phone.

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised how well the RTM build worked when I gave up temporarily and reverted to it. I actually used the phone on RTM for a couple weeks. But that didn't help MS develop the next RTM.....

So why continue to bang my head on the wall you might ask? Because I actually think Windows is the better way to do a mobile OS. I have hopes that that my L950 (for example) will be supported by Windows into the future long after Google drops support for my Nexus 5X (about a two year cycle). The L950 ticks all my boxes and I have no issue with keeping it for a while.... certainly longer than the current two year Android cycle.

Paul

Stealth777

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
950 DS US , 2 days ago I reset phone back to being a outsider :) , today I was like lets try it again on this new release , phone updated and then got the RS2 update and I was scared at that point. And Wow this is a windows phone for sure. I went through each app opening everything I could open and not a problem. everything works ! really this is a dream correct. 10 mins surfing the web , windows central, amazon, reddit and battery dropped 1% , this Is one of the best builds yet, still playing around to see if I can get it to crash or reboot or anything strange. :) Two thumbs up , and to raised eyebrows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss