Windows 10 Mobile build 15055 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Why is pc gettin all these updates this week but not Mobile ? They just got another one today no mobile

Sent from Idol 4s

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Mobile hotspot works fine in this build in 950.
In previous builds and in 14393 most of the times I had to reboot the phone.

lol same thing from 10586 to 14393, after a while it broke again and had to reboot again, after .67 I think, this time I will update to whatever build we get on release day and stay there until RS3 unless there's something broken

Mech0z

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Since I got my 950 I haven't "formatted" it, have you guys found any improvement in doing so? Just wonder if its worth it, also if it will just sync my previous settings and make it bad

Also on slow ring and still on fast ring I get stuck at "Loading..." in

Phonly, Mobilepay, Telegram, and Spotify

When its that many apps I presume its a bug in WM10 and not in all those apps that suddenly cant start

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Since I got my 950 I haven't "formatted" it, have you guys found any improvement in doing so? Just wonder if its worth it, also if it will just sync my previous settings and make it bad

Also on slow ring and still on fast ring I get stuck at "Loading..." in

Phonly, Mobilepay, Telegram, and Spotify

When its that many apps I presume its a bug in WM10 and not in all those apps that suddenly cant start

I think the answer to your first question is also the answer to your problem ;)

I would invest the time in a hard reset first. If that does not resolve it, then use the WDR tool to put it back to the current production build and re-join Insider and update afterwards as desired.

Both the hard reset and the WDR recovery will wipe all data, so be prepared. Your texts, phone history and some of your settings will re-sync but any files you have stored on the phone itself will be deleted. You will lose all Emails that are not still on the server. I store all my photos in the cloud and all my music is on the SD card (which is not erased during a reset unless you tell it to do so) so a reset for me is a fairly painless process if you make a backup first or make sure there is an automatically generated one. Note that I have found lately that restoring from older backups finishes with an error ("some of your settings have not been restored") and it does not always restore my start screen layout.

A hard reset (AKA factory data reset) is relatively fast although it takes a while to update all the apps. Using the WDR tool takes longer because it leaves the phone on an older non-current build that then has to update to the current released build as well as update all your apps. THEN if you re-join insider it will update a third time. That whole process can take upwards of an hour or so if you are there during the process to answer prompts. Longer if you are not there to answer prompts.

My advice would be to try the hard reset first and if that doesn't resolve it, use the WDR tool and leave it at the released build until the NEXT insider build arrives (this week, hopefully). The store in 15055 is dysfunctional and I would not bother with it. Not that I expect the next build to be much better... the bugs have been getting more serious with each new build. I get the distinct feeling we are on a sinking ship.

Paul

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I would invest the time in a hard reset first. If that does not resolve it, then use the WDR tool to put it back to the current production build and re-join Insider and update afterwards as desired.

Both the hard reset and the WDR recovery will wipe all data, so be prepared. Your texts, phone history and some of your settings will re-sync but any files you have stored on the phone itself will be deleted. You will lose all Emails that are not still on the server. I store all my photos in the cloud and all my music is on the SD card (which is not erased during a reset unless you tell it to do so) so a reset for me is a fairly painless process if you make a backup first or make sure there is an automatically generated one. Note that I have found lately that restoring from older backups finishes with an error ("some of your settings have not been restored") and it does not always restore my start screen layout.

A hard reset (AKA factory data reset) is relatively fast although it takes a while to update all the apps. Using the WDR tool takes longer because it leaves the phone on an older non-current build that then has to update to the current released build as well as update all your apps. THEN if you re-join insider it will update a third time. That whole process can take upwards of an hour or so if you are there during the process to answer prompts. Longer if you are not there to answer prompts.

My advice would be to try the hard reset first and if that doesn't resolve it, use the WDR tool and leave it at the released build until the NEXT insider build arrives (this week, hopefully). The store in 15055 is dysfunctional and I would not bother with it. Not that I expect the next build to be much better... the bugs have been getting more serious with each new build. I get the distinct feeling we are on a sinking ship.

Paul

Paul, GREAT post! good detailed info...wish I was as eloquent:)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I wdr on 15047 when it came out as it gave me reboots no end, happy that I did as I am not experiencing ANY of the above issues since. Oh I also did not restore, as I started from scratch.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is your sunlight readability working properly with this build 15055 ?

Just to check that your setting is ON, go Settings - Extras - Colour Profile

Mech0z

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Paul

thanks, the factory reset didnt do it, but using the tool I succeded, now I wonder if I should wait for the final Creators update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers