For Cripes sake... SMS

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Picked up and elite X3, put it to 15055, reset, logged in. It still has yet to restore my texts. Worse yet, it restored only my wife but just to 2/22. Which means it hasn't backed up any texts for nearly a month. Even better, switched to Skype for SMS, set my PC as a relay device, it restored ALL my texts to that(pic) but not my phone, and again, just till Feb 22. So my old 950xl has my texts from the 22nd tip last Sunday, and the x3 has them from Sunday til now. Seriously, Daniel, somebody, please find out what is going on with the SMS servers. I've been having issues with resets and syncing for over a year. It's ridiculous at this point.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Restored again, still nothing newer than Feb 22nd. Am I the only one here? My issue with contact and sms backup is it caused duplicates that then get picked up by the server and cant permanently be deleted, since MS doesn't give us access to it. Has anyone restored a phone, with sms backup turned on, since Feb 22nd, that has their messages restored since that day?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
OK, so the gist of my dilemma is that I bought an elite X3 to switch from a 950XL. Upon setup my sms did not backup since the 22nd of Feb. Fast forward to last night, I had not yet wiped the XL. It was on 10551. After updating the XL to 10563 last night(elite x3 was on 10563 since release), I woke up and magically all the missing texts were there. They were also there when I looked at my 920 on 10586, and they were not there prior. SO, that said my belief is the backup was broken in the builds I was on from the 22nd thru 10551, could be one and the same as I dont remember when 10551 came out. On top of that, I had used COntact and message backup on my elite X3 and restored those to the XL as of sunday. Those restored as duplicates on all 3 devices. SOOOO, that feeds my dislike for the backup app as I had figured for a while thats why i had so many duplicates going back from 2014 or so, when i used that app regularly. Take this as you will, but my texts are back once i updated the device the texts were sent on to 10563, all texts are identical across all devices. One last note, my devises did sync texts from the 13th of march on as well as live the day of. It was the window of feb 22 to march 13 i was missing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos