Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

6Kings

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Either this build or my Hard reset and restore has made a huge difference in my Lumia 950. I was having non-stop issues with apps not working, wi-fi failure, etc. Now it is much faster and is seemingly working much better than ever. Even my lock screen is actually working now. Fixed a couple of apps that would not update including the store. Got me excited about the mobile again....somewhat. :)

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I went through with a hard reset (no restore) and finally things are settling a bit. It had me worried for a while as the device started freezing while I was working through all the privacy settings, and resuming from lock screen/sleep was a bit delayed at times. I find it hard to complain with some of the issues others here are having.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
If you use a back up file from a recent fast build you will get your screen tiles back 90% of the times, at least in my 950.
You get all the apps (I have 170 aps) even with folders and customized tiles.
If you synchr settings, then passwords for sites and ie favorites are restored properly
Apps that participate in back up restore most if not all settings
You don't get:
Accounts need to be set again, except main Microsoft account.
NFC settings are by default on
After a back up restore you need just a quarter of an hour to be set

170 apps??!!??

LOL! I counted mine, excluding the stock apps and I usually rock 15 HA!

I feel like such an amateur :unhappy:

Edit: I had a very good experience today with my 950 XL, no troubles at all, Cortana properly handled all my texts over Bluetooth, made a couple calls, streamed audio from Groove 6 - 7 hours, and properly connected to my GM vehicle all with 40 % battery left after 12 hours. All in all a good day for Windows Mobile and my 15 apps :smile:

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
My Bluetooth availability is gone as well. I cannot re-pair my phone to my car system. Settings-Devices-Bluetooth just flashes and closes again. SIGH. I guess I could factory reset or just wait for the next build. :cry:

Had same problem. Hard resetting now. Hope it fixes this Bluetooth problem. 950 xl DS

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi All -

With today's update, I can no longer pair a Bluetooth device. If I start from my SP3, I can find my 950xl and a screen shows a number on the SP3. On the 950xl side, a flash happens and you cannot confirm the code. If you start from the 950XL side, you do not get to the second screen asking for Bluetooth, wireless, etc.

On my Icon, I was able to pair both my Fitbit charge 2 and Garmin Fenix 3HR. I have not been able to pair my Band 2, or any other bluetooth device (that pairs through the normal process - Both the Fitbit and Garmin pair through their own apps). Attempting to pair anything through the BT page in settings just flashes and goes back. Same with the Band 2 in the Band app. You select the Band and it flashes and goes right back. Seems like every other build manages to break Bluetooth in some way. They fix it, and then the next build breaks it.

On the plus side, other than that, this build seems to be working quite well. Hoping for a new build that fixes BT soon!

Amir Naghizadeh

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
i got 2 thing to say about this build:
1- im seeing loading... resuming... alot more. specially on silverlight apps, for example the new telegram preview app. (of course i compare it to the last RS1 build i got on Production ring)
2- this is weird, vpn is still broken. im not an expert but i heard they call it dns leaking. on wifi, only some of apps send traffic over vpn, and some never does (for example facebook app never sends data over vpn). on cellular, NO app sends traffic over VPN, actually you connect it, it successfully connects but no redirection happens. traffic completely ignores vpn and send and receives bare data from provider. it is there for almost as long as windows 10 is out. (Days of threshold 1) and no body mentions it or acknowledges it. sometimes i think its criminal or something to mention this obvious problem.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Works really smooth on my 950. I did have one reboot during charging. Other than that, apps open near instantly. Battery is holding up a day easily. Very very significant improvement over Anniversary. Now really enjoy using the 950 even more.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody else having headphone Jack issues on the idol 4s ?

I have to reconnect at least 20 or so times sometimes more just to get the phone to recognize the aux cord/headphones etc

I know the headphone jack was a slight issue on the anniversary build with this phone but I'm swapping it out again since i can't figure out If it's the software or a hardware issue

Sent from Idol 4s

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have two HP X3 Elite phones on this build. I have two major issues. The first one is random reboots of the phone. It happen as least three times a day and I haven't been able to determine any commonality between them. The 2nd issue is I'm forever getting the "Notice about removing SD cards" warning. I haven't removed the SD cards. I also got a new SIM tray from HP who told me there was a defect in the first bath for the X3s. The new tray doesn't help at all. Both of these issues happen on both phones and the reboots didn't happen prior to this build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa