Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

asoyemi

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
build 15063 does not have that watermark like note on PC desktop anymore.
But what surprised me the most was that once that build completed its update, My PC, tablets etc were astoundingly stable, some feature that were a hit or miss actually worked stably. Things in general were very snappy. I was pleasantly surprised.

My 950XL is chugging along beautifully on this build as well, not feature loaded as desktop, but smooth.

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've found two serious problems on my Lumia 950 :eck:

1. I cannot add a new "Bluetooth or other device". the page to find devices just refuses to launch.

2. The continuum app also refuses to launch (that lets you use the touch screen as a mouse)

I didn't have these problems with the previous build.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Its the second time today I had a black locked screen issue and needed to reboot. I hope MS doesn't think its OK for the average consumer to face such issue and release with this unresolved. As is the phone is completely unreliable.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
On 1, that is because of changes to the insider settings - had the same. After reboot I also had Release Preview which was not there before (I switched to it).

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have that issue, the only resolution i found that works quickly is plugging it in while the app is running
So u think the headphone jack bug is a software issue? I tried both and it seems to randomly work whether the music is playing or not i pick up my replacement phone today so ill see if this one does it

Sent from Idol 4s

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
So far, this build works flawlessly to me.

I have come from the official AU to fast ring builds without a single hard reset for two months now and my 950 DS has been almost bug free ever since.

No problems with bluetooth pairing here.

Last edited:

turbo022

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I have right now is that the keyboard has picked up some major lag on my 640XL. Other than that this update has been pretty solid.

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
For me, this build has been bad. Battery drain, apps such as Flipboard not opening, and YouTube videos in landscape mode in Edge flickering. Will wait for another build or will try hard-resetting my Lumia 830 this weekend.

--Ram

vdasus

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Still edge earning battery as ... Even with "disable background" - 40% edge when even not started after reboot. Camera sometime crashes after make some photos. But this is not at this release. 2-3 releases ago phone L950 with production release became unstable. wireless charging stops charge at 70%. Then shown 100%, then hangs and show 58% after reboot... Hard reset not helped.

All was perfect, then after update surprises with charging (and wired and wireless), then camera sometime hangs phone. After this release camera is ok (i think)...

I fun of ms, but phone really unstable... :(

Sometime helped soft reset + turn off turn on, and day is going ok. Than again - edge earning, charging shows random numbers. Actually always about 58%...

egaf56

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Still cannot connect via Bluetooth to my car. Cannot add new Bluetooth device. This haven't worked since last production release. Lumia 950XL.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It would be solid if it wasn't for the random reboots that I continue to experience. I'm not alone either and it is a known issue. They even addressed it in a recent build. They thought they fixed it, but it continues.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Working great on my 950. Seems very fast and smooth. I came from production release, updated to 15051, and then 15063. Only on this build for about 18 hours, so can't confirm battery life or anything, but seems to be about the same as AU, but with much smoother performance. Makes the phone a real joy to use again.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Put it on my 950XL. So far so good. Noticed a change in the Insider Programme; up till now I could only choose Fast or Slow, now I can also choose Release Preview!

Jojordan82

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I'm disappointed : I've been reporting several bugs since a few builds but they're still there (poor sound when opening Facebook app while listening to music with Bluetooth, EDGE not opening in Continuum mode). That's not acceptable for a release candidate... I feel unheard when I find these bugs since several weeks but no one seem to care about it...

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So far, 2 things are not working on my 950xl:
1. Unable to add ringtones to individual contacts (crashes right back to Edit Contact page when I click on + Ringtone)
2. Unable to add Bluetooth devices (crashes right back to Bluetooth & other devices page When I click on + Add Bluetooth or other device)

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Each time I have tried to run RS2 on my Lumia 930, I have an issue with the store not being able to automatically find updates.

I install a build from the fast ring, get this issue, roll back. A few months go by and I try again. Still get the same issue. So I then roll back again. Then, with all the talk about this being the potential release candidate, I hop on to the fast ring again, thinking it must have been fixed. But NO!

What happen is that when you select the 'Check for update' button, it goes and does it's thing for about 20 seconds and comes back empty. Even when you know there is an update. so you go and find the app listed in the store and, as if by magic, there is an update.

This issue is listed in the feedback hub countless of times with thousands of up-votes. Even some of the entries have replies by Microsoft, stating that it has been fixed but it hasn't.

This has got to fixed before the release... Surely!

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So u think the headphone jack bug is a software issue? I tried both and it seems to randomly work whether the music is playing or not i pick up my replacement phone today so ill see if this one does it

Sent from Idol 4s

Yea, might be software, let's see, I don't think alcatel has ever release a firmware update for the device. It bothers me, but i also use a lot of bluetooth, just aux in my car for the most part. So i think I've just been glossing over it. Let me know, because then I will just get tmobile to send me a new device also.

Lewk86

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue where if you try changing an Alarm Sound, and click on "Ringtones", it crashes? Or do you think I should reset my phone and see if that fixes it?

Update: Trying to change the Ringtone on individual contacts also crashes.

Here's a feedback submission I made for this big bug. Please help by upvoting! https://aka.ms/H75w3r

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have two HP X3 Elite phones on this build. I have two major issues. The first one is random reboots of the phone. It happen as least three times a day and I haven't been able to determine any commonality between them. The 2nd issue is I'm forever getting the "Notice about removing SD cards" warning. I haven't removed the SD cards. I also got a new SIM tray from HP who told me there was a defect in the first bath for the X3s. The new tray doesn't help at all. Both of these issues happen on both phones and the reboots didn't happen prior to this build.

There's a whole other thread on this issue. Some of us have shelved the unit until they fix the problem. I am going back to my 950 XL. The SD disconnects became too frequent and I was also seeing many black screen lockups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss