Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed the new build last night. Woke this morning to no alarm and a black screen lockup. Elite X3 US.

The black screen lockup is the most annoying of the bugs I have on my Lumia 535. WDRT and hard resets doesn't resolve it. I have set auto brightness to off and a static image for Lockscreen instead of bing daily image and now it happens less frequently. The only thing I haven't tried is reverse engineer w10m.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't say it more politely :smile:

These days, a new update of iOS came to iPhones and iPads. It came with a completely new file system. A horror for every developer, extremely error prone. Normally you would reformat your disk and install from backups.

Not on iOS. Completely smooth incremental install, no formatting, no loss of any data. Finished in 20 minutes. This is genius.

And now compare with W10M, where live tiles still don't work as they should.

doing such an upgrade to 3-4 devices is kind of trivial really, as risky as it is, that number makes it very easy to keep in control, now try that with over 30 lumia models, and 7636478472893473129432^10 pc configurations

not defending microsoft but it is what it is

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
doing such an upgrade to 3-4 devices is kind of trivial really, as risky as it is, that number makes it very easy to keep in control, now try that with over 30 lumia models, and 7636478472893473129432^10 pc configurations

not defending microsoft but it is what it is

Yes that's true.
But also is true that ms is waiting for the surface phone to appear at least inside Microsoft.
Then they will improve the mobile os

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This morning:

Checked a stock which was pinned to start screen. "-1%" it said. Clicked on it to open MS Money. "+1%" it said.

Tile did not update again. They don't get it right. It will be beta forever. Even such easy things like tile updates. Useless.

The core os of ios has no live tiles, so what you say is unfair..

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
To see if the supposed RTM Creators Update is better than the previous version, on the basic stuffs. Update L640 from 14393.953 to Insider to .2, and then a hard reset, just to see. The home screen still has the 2 empty app spaces like the previous versions, can't install additional keyboards, while in apps, the whole display, quite often, starts to blank/flash/turn white. It's really disappointing.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh, by the way, did I tell you I have been having absolutely no problems with my 950 DS? Did a hard reset last evening and today it is humming along like a well oiled machine, - figuratively speaking of course.

Did the HR to delete Groove, I can't use todays battery level as I synced 120GB of audio files on my mSD card and that took a while - while plugged in, so we'll see tomorrow how energy efficient it will be.

This has been a very satisfactory build for me :cool:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh, by the way, did I tell you I have been having absolutely no problems with my 950 DS? Did a hard reset last evening and today it is humming along like a well oiled machine, - figuratively speaking of course.

Did the HR to delete Groove, I can't use todays battery level as I synced 120GB of audio files on my mSD card and that took a while - while plugged in, so we'll see tomorrow how energy efficient it will be.

This has been a very satisfactory build for me :cool:

well me too, but thats because I see something break and leave it be, never bother with it again, so unless the screen-wifi stops turning on, I will have absolutely no problems"

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

BTW you do not have to always use painfull WDRT reset method. Since it become obvious that 15063.2 is more or less that everyone will get April 11 and bluetooth/connect was still broken, I convinced myself to reset phone. If you are already on 15063.0 or 15063.2, backup all your data, then go to [System]-[About]-[Reset your phone]. After 15 minutes you will mostly have all your data back on RTM build. Bluetooth/Connect is working for me. The only pain is to reenter credentials in all applications and tweak some settings that for some reason are not backed up (e.g. touchscreen tap-to-wake, text zoom level).

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Suddenly, Edge started to drain a lot of my battery in the background, even though its set NOT to run in the background.

I've blocked it both on the privacy and battery tabs, but the issue remains.

This build was perfect, but it seems to be degrading with time.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Three problems they should fix before calling it final CU build:

- black screen lockup
- bluetooth connectivity issues
- keyboard won't appear in Edge

#'s 1&3 are my only big gripes right now. When I get the black screen lockups at night, my alarms dont go off. Ugh.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Three problems they should fix before calling it final CU build:

- black screen lockup
- bluetooth connectivity issues
- keyboard won't appear in Edge

#'s 1&3 are my only big gripes right now. When I get the black screen lockups at night, my alarms dont go off. Ugh.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The black screen lockup is the most annoying of the bugs I have on my Lumia 535. WDRT and hard resets doesn't resolve it. I have set auto brightness to off and a static image for Lockscreen instead of bing daily image and now it happens less frequently. The only thing I haven't tried is reverse engineer w10m.

I feel the lockups are just the OS freezing. I don't think its actually the screen. The screen wont turn on because the OS is frozen.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had a roller coaster ride with this build last few days, I had to wdrt few times, and finally rejoined the fast ring, and pretty happy. I believe the store cdn was / may be is still screwed, as I was getting errors on non insiders and insiders builds. Finally they fixed it, and I still have error on downloading the hangouts app.

Really don't know what Microsoft is up to, if they can't handle simple tasks like this.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I also got same message

Sent from mTalk

Did you link Skype with SMS ? (SMS messages will be in Skype too, so can use desktop for SMS too)

All is working fine here ... well, Gestures Beta is not working, but I am not expecting that (it is an app of past - it might come back on one day).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo