Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Well...did my first reset (on a mobile unit) since my 920.

First...WOW! what a difference!

Second...WOW! what a pain in the ***!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am hearing the Mobile version of the Creator's update is delayed until April 25th so I expect we will see a couple more builds until they work out the remaining bugs.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed latest Fast ring build 3 days ago on my 950.
And WOW!!!! I know it's not yet finished but as far as I'm concerned it's not any near to be ready for mass usage.
Problems:
Apps stuck on downloading- nothing to do to stop it or cancel it...
Keyboard sometimes work and sometimes don't in Edge
Live tiles (clock and weather, both stock don't work)

I made a clean install and hard reset my phone after installing. Without backups restore.
Hope MS will polish it before pushing it out to public. For now, I reverted to P.R. I need usable phone. 😊

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Tell us more about second...WOW! :) - why a pain in the ***! ?

Well, the key pain was time...time to find what was missing; reentering all the usernames and passwords:)

I compiled info I had gather over time from @PepperdotNet, @Krystianpants, @Shamshi-Adad, @Mark F24, @nikosxri, and a few others that I can not identify.

Check list: I,

> took pictures of Start Screen, top-to-bottom (recommended)

> took pictures of ALL the content in my 'mobile only', note apps ('Highly recommended', this is what got me on my 920 - because a lot of the note apps I used, do not save the content is the case of a reset)

> took pictures of Settings > System > Storage (for a reference)

> did a backup through: Settings > Update & security > Backup (to OneDrive)

> did a backup through: Settings > Extras > contact + message backup

> took out the Sim and SD cards

> Plug in 950XL

> used WDRT: to take me waaaaaaay back a passed build.

> re-inserted my SIM card

> used: Settings > Update & security > Phone update to take me as far as it would go on RTM.

> rejoined Insider Program (fast)

> used: Settings > Update & security > Phone update to take me as far as it would go on fast (current fast ring)

> re-inserted my SD card.

> downloaded the Microsoft 'contact + message backup' App, THEN restored my 'contacts and messages' from my SD card

> went to the Store App and did a 'Downloads and updates' check

> went through the App Library to reinstall what I needed.

> check with the pictures I took of my Start Screen (prior to reset) and compared it to what I got for the library...best I can tell, I only lost the use of one app 'Office Calculator', but found a great w10 substitute.

> reinstalled 9 emails, and all the other apps that needed usernames and passwords (the most painful of the process, because most are 2-step verification and 3rd party).

> reset all my settings in the: Settings > Personalization, area

Note: I checked my: Settings > System > Storage, when all was said and done, I picked up 15.7GB of Device Storage...whoa!

Tommy Woosey

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Latest build had some minor issues, I decided to reset the device, all went wel.. But now I have no pull down menu from the home screen! if I lock the phone and unlock without entering a pin/hello recognition it works, but not from homescreen it doesn't...

Who has this too?

It's terrible!!!!

I really am starting to give up on MS mobile... frustration is not good for me atm... ( although I want them to succeed!! )

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950XL Dual-Sim (AT&T) Unlocked

15063.2 was running fine since I upgraded. However, I noticed my Bluetooth connection to my Suface Pro4 was not working.

When I tried to add it, I could not.

So, I did the hard reset (Settings --> About --> Reset your Phone) and restored from a backup.

Bluetooth pairing worked flawlessly. Phone is running really well.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
1 further question. Why did not you do just "hard reset" ? - why WDRT ?

Well, I can't really answer that, except to say that I thought the general consensus of the input I reviewed leaned toward WDRT; it wasn't until I had already started the WDRT process, that I saw @maya77 's post #227 ^^^, and had second thought regarding my selection. But, upon further mental debate, I was somewhat comfortable that I did the WDRT route...'THIS TIME', because not having done a hard reset, ever, on this phone (950XL), I wanted to do what I thought was the 'most' through of cleansings. As a matter of fact, because I had committed having a fresh start with the final RS2 build, I wanted to get rid of as much garbage out as possible. I was actually excepting to do a 'Hard Reset' once I hit the latest fast ring build, sort of a double wash, but decided that I will wait until the RTM version hit so I can have as close to an unadulterated look-see as possible.

My original goal was to get 'Connect' back, and operational...this I was successful doing:) I still have "some" minor hiccups, but all-in-all, the phone is running great, and I'm pretty excided about it:)

One more footnote: per my storage results (before and after) I was able to remove 15.7GB's of crap. :shocked:

cceresoli

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that can no longer run dual SIMs in a 950xl? You can turn each on individually by itself, but cannot run both at the same time. When one is on, the other turns off. Both work fine together in my HP x3, but not in the 950xl. I get the x3 runs one at LTE and the other on 3g and the 950xl runs one at LTE and the other at 2G. There is 2G service in our area. In fast ring running latest build on up-to-date firmware. Is it 15063 or something else?

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
If anyone is having a bug with a Notification about "Messaging+" after every restart of the phone, go to 'Notifications and actions' in settings and disable the registry that starts with 49FE2D37. It's probably some leftover experimental code in the build by MS.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If anyone is having a bug with a Notification about "Messaging+" after every restart of the phone, go to 'Notifications and actions' in settings and disable the registry that starts with 49FE2D37. It's probably some leftover experimental code in the build by MS.

No but I keep getting one about Gestures Beta and if I'd like to learn more? even though it can't even be installed on W10m

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I still seem to have the screen brightness issues. Phone wakes up with an alarm, and screen is on full bright. Even though I have it set to darker.
Another thing, I cannot get any emails to go from portrait to landscape. Thought that got changed before? Scratch that; now it's working properly.
Keyboard does seem to have some appear or not appear issues in text messaging. Will keep monitoring...
HTC One M8 on build 15063.2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb