Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
New build out now. 15063.138
Here's what's new in Windows 10 build 15063.138:

Here's what else is new. I can no longer get WDRT to recognize my Lumia 640 LTE. No recognition in any way, shape, or form for my phone via USB. I hope they get this fixed.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's what else is new. I can no longer get WDRT to recognize my Lumia 640 LTE. No recognition in any way, shape, or form for my phone via USB. I hope they get this fixed.

just getting 0x80070273 while trying to install it, the new maps engine is a blurry mess so will have to rely on satellite mode I guess

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Installed without issue. HP Elite X3 US.

I also installed without issue on my 950XL DS. But I did notice that the "Preparing to install updates" part of the process took way longer than usual. Only installed it late last night, so too early to tell if there are any differences or improvements. Hoping for an improvement in battery life - the last couple of CU builds weren't so good for me, battery-wise.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I wish you luck, last night I did a hard reset on my 950xl, beforehand I did a full backup and proceeded after doing the reset all my messages were gone it is a hit a miss, apart from that the phone plays great, no issues at all.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
HMMM. I am going from 15063.2 to 15063.138.......had to re-enroll in the Insider program as I did a hard reset. I had to link my account, that is a first.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
FINALLY got to install an update today! Couldn't do so for about two months due to not enough storage space. Magically my system & reserve folder shed 300 MB on its own, and I dropped below 6gb in use for the first time in a while. So I gave the update a retry, and voila - 15025 --> 15063!

Haven't notice anything different yet from the previous build.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Got it fixed, but not by Microsoft updates. I fixed it using the following instructions in another thread, and am posting it here in case anyone else has experienced this issue.

I had the same exact issue, tried everything. Finally I decided to install drivers from storage and I went into device manager , selected update driver software, selected browse my computer,then selected let me pick from a list of device drivers on my pc, there where 3 different choices all for MTP Driver the first two didn't work , but then boom the third one worked like a charm.

Thanks, Mike.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I have noticed (discovered after using WDRT to reset my 950XL, but not fixed/corrected after last two insider updates) is: I have two apps (OneDo & AIDA64)that show "PENDING" on the 'All Apps' page. There are actually two listings of each of these apps (OneDo & AIDA64) on the 'All Apps' page, one of each set is grayed-out, the other is normal: I can NOT Uninstall, nor select the grayed-out edition of either app; I have tried to Uninstall & Reinstall the regular occurrence on each app but it has no impact on the 'grayed-out', 'PENDING' thumbnails...any suggestion on how to remove these unwanted 'PENDING' thumbnails on the 'All Apps' page?

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft edge is a real pain. It keeps refreshing randomly all my opened tabs. Glance screen is not working under Battery Saving Mode. Sharing videos to whatsapp or viber from Microsoft Explorer is impossible. While on Egde surfing the web, the light dims out or increases in power without my intervention. So far these I've discovered.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft edge is a real pain. It keeps refreshing randomly all my opened tabs. Glance screen is not working under Battery Saving Mode. Sharing videos to whatsapp or viber from Microsoft Explorer is impossible. While on Egde surfing the web, the light dims out or increases in power without my intervention. So far these I've discovered.
Yes, Microsoft need to improve performance of edge.its frustrating

Sent from mTalk

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Had that problem on an earlier build; don't seem to see it yet on 138. 15063.138 still has the same screen brightness issues that 0 and .2 had. In a dark room when waking the phone (if in auto brightness) the phone goes to full bright. Not what you want at 6am. Or 10:30pm outside. Reported for each build thus far. Switched my phone to manual bright. Not a perfect solution but at least I'm not snow blind when I wake up. :)

hoj1955

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 640xl Thursday to 15063. When double tapping coming off of the glance screen I get a quick flicker of the start screen before it goes to the lock screen pic. Other then that no other issues. I considered a hard reset then saw the 15204 release. I'll try that first to see if the flicker goes away. If not , then a hard reset. I'm keeping my 950xl on 14393.1066 until I feel comfortable with 15204 on the 640xl.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb