Windows 10 Mobile build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
From Microsoft

What's improved for Mobile?

We fixed the bug causing a number of inbox apps to fail to launch (such as Store) and also preventing any app updates from the Store from working. Thank you all for sending us feedback around this.

We fixed the bug causing background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive's camera roll sync feature.

Background tasks should be working again as expected and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive again.

We fixed the issue where in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost if your device experiences an unexpected reboot.

Speech Packs should download and install normally.

We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain cars resulting in connection failures after pairing Bluetooth.

We fixed an issue where replacing the default APN for LTE on the phone wouldn't work.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15063, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

Last edited by a moderator:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thread updated and stuck have fun everyone.

Note

[WARN]Updating from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) directly to this build won’t work. There will be an extra hop required to get to this build. If you use WDRT to go re-flash your device and join the Fast ring, you will not be offered this build and instead offered Build 15055. Once you’re on Build 15055, your device will find Build 15063 and take the update then.[/WARN]

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Burning the midnight oil out west? Release rather late - ok by me, been looking forward to them lately.

We'll give it a shake down cruise!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No problem so far.

Same here on my 950XL DS. Only two things of note:

1) Right after the build installed, I had a message that I had to fix my settings. When I clicked on it, it told me I had to restart my phone to continue receiving insider builds. The restart was quick and everything seemed fine afterwards. Haven't seen that message before after installing a new build.

2) Usually, when I check the Store for updates after installing a build, I see a bunch of core apps that are listed as having updated "minutes ago". I didn't see that this time. Nothing seemed to have been updated. When I manually checked for updates, only Outlook Mail and Calendar and one of the Office apps (forget which one) showed updates available.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Similar to Kerry2112. Got the same message to update my insider settings on my L950, rebooted, maybe a dozen store apps updated however. However, the process of updating took 1.5 hours, 2.5 hours for my Surface 3 with a fast internet connection. Seems awfully long to me.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you go over to the comments on the actual article, you will note that some people with device encryption ended up with bricked phones after confirming their settings and rebooting.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT
Was on production build. Phone updated to 15055 per the "known issues", then to 105063

After the 15063 update, it asked to reboot to enable Insider Previews. After that reboot, got the "SIM error" popup and there was no cell connection (yes the SIM was installed and had been working). Also noticed that the camera update was failing with an error 0x80073CF9. Pulled the battery and rebooted. Now there is cell connection but the camera update still fails with error 0x80073CF9. The workaround I found on the net (update from app page in the store) results in the update process stalling. The other "fix" suggested was a hard reset. About to do that. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Paul

Last edited:

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Less than 12 hours post-update. Everything seems smooth thus far. Hopefully they improve on battery life management. Last few builds, my 950's battery life had been stellar for the first few days. then it became spotty. Sometimes it could last me from 7:00AM to 8:00PM with 10% left, sometimes it's left with 5% by 4:00PM. Usage was about the same, and this result is from me averaging it out throughout a week's use post-update.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
The problem of some bugs happening in some phones and not in others.......is it solved?
Like.....say.....live tile notifications not going away even after checking? Groove tile freezing?
Calendar tile not updating on its own when Date/Time set to manual instead of automatic?

Will all this be solved once and for all? For all Lumia's? From 532 to 950XL?
Or instead of a Creators Update (a real update to FIX BUGS) we're gonna see an "Anniversary Update 2"?

Cause quite frankly.........w10m is starting to be a huge disappointment.....worldwide!
The marketshare numbers in almost all major markets for w10m.....well, they speak for themselves.....

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT
15063 + FDR

Received an Email with an attached PDF.

1. When attempting to open the PDF, the phone asks what app to use but displays a list of storage locations instead of the two PDF reader apps I have installed.

2. When long pressing the PDF file in Outlook, it offers to save it. That produces a list of storage locations. I direct it to the DOWNLOADS folder and tap the floppy disk icon. However, the file is NOT saved to the DOWNLOADS folder and cannot be found anywhere.

I assume this is an Outlook issue? OK, lets send feedback.....

Second issue.... when attempting to send feedback on this issue, I find that I cannot sign into the feedback hub. I am already signed into my MS account on the phone but it wants me to sign into the feedback hub separately.... I guess. However, when I attempt to do that, it stalls for a while and then says I need the internet. I HAVE THE INTERNET YOU STUPID PHONE. A second scenario trying to sign in is that it simply stalls with the spinning dots and then comes back to the PLEASE SIGN IN screen.

OK, so I'll send the feedback on my PC. WRONG. The PC feedback hub fails, claiming it can't connect to the feedback service. So I rebooted my PC. Now it says it can send feedback but still says it can't connect to the feedback hub (?) but it turns out to be a moot point because you apparently can't send phone feedback from a PC. I give up.

I am SO tired of this crap. MS seems like a bunch of amateurs, releasing build after build with SERIOUS flaws. Note that I did a hard reset after the update to 15063, so there ain't no excuses....

Paul

Last edited:

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Store app.... "Just a moment"

Then decides it's not connected to the internet.

Don't lie to me, you're connected just fine.

EDIT: I'm actually willing to attribute this to a bunch of MSFT services currently being down....

Last edited:

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Getting that exact same error in the store......

See what I mean?.....I rest my case.
I can't remember having a Play Store failure in Android (and I had many Androids) and I sure haven't seen it in Apple Store, ever!

If w10m is gonna keep being like this (and like it has been till now).......MS might as well kill it instead of keeping it alive through artificial ventilation in some sort of hospital intensive care unit run by nurses instead of physicians.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb