Disable Tab Preview in Edge

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I rejoined the Insider builds on my Surface Book when 15050 came out, so I'm still new to RS2. I've used the registry key from this article (How to disable tab preview on Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 | Windows Central) for a while now, but it doesn't seem to work in the current builds. Has anyone found a way to disable tab preview in Edge? Thanks!

I wonder if you should go a few steps further in the registry editing.

Have a look at this article;
http://www.askvg.com/windows-10-tip-disable-tab-preview-thumbnails-in-microsoft-edge-web-browser/

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
David, I appreciate the feedback, but I'm lost. You suggested going a few steps further, but I don't see what steps go further than those that were covered in the Windows Central article I cited, which I've performed, unperformed, and reperformed.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Rather surprisingly, I just installed the latest update to 15063 (.14), and the tab preview went away. I didn't change anything in the registry, it just started working as expected after this update.

EDIT: On second thought, no, the problem did not go away. The tab that I happened to hover over had no preview for some reason. I'm still stuck with tab previews. Ugh.

Last edited:

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Rather surprisingly, I just installed the latest update to 15063 (.14), and the tab preview went away. I didn't change anything in the registry, it just started working as expected after this update.

EDIT: On second thought, no, the problem did not go away. The tab that I happened to hover over had no preview for some reason. I'm still stuck with tab previews. Ugh.

I did not know you have an edited reply.

When I said a step further, I was referring to the link I gave you in comparison to the link you used.

Please open my link and compare.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I did not know you have an edited reply.

When I said a step further, I was referring to the link I gave you in comparison to the link you used.

Please open my link and compare.
I did look at your link. And I just did again. And I compared side by side. The words are different but the steps are the same. Exactly what is it that you think your page suggests that I didn't do based on my link?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Please compare the PATH.

From your link :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

From my link :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\TabbedBrowsing

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The key in both articles is identical. You're only looking at what is visible. It runs behind the border, and was fully visible in the original article before they updated the theme on the site. If you copy/paste those two lines into notepad, you'll see what isn't visible on the page now.

The two articles have steps that are identical. There is no difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05