Insider build 16170 now on Fast ring.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Insider build 16170 installed.

Watermark and expiry date are back on.
I think it breaks my Picpick which I have been using for 4 years.

build 16170 watermark.JPG

build 16170  expiry date.JPG

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Something the new build has done to my computer :

1. It breaks my Picpick screen-capture program which I have been using for 4 years +. I reinstalled SnagIt as screen-capture tool.
Picpick opened and did the capture. But once I clicked Save as, I received this error .......
picpick error.JPG

2. Bing sneaked in and removed my default google search engine. I changed it back.
3. MSN replaced my www.google.ca home page. I also changed it back.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Any workaround to get this installed? During the update, it suddenly cancels.

Questions ;
1. Is that a tablet ?
If yes, remove the sd card.

2. Uninstall 3rd party anti-virus if you have any. You can always reinstall it back afterwards.

3. Any error message after it was cancelled ?
Does the following sound familiar ?
“Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available”

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
That third option is what is affecting me david.. I can't seem to get it to move past that point. No amount of turning off updates, delaying them, switching between slow, release preview, and fast seems to 'kick start' the update process and move it along. I've got 'failed to install' multiple times these last few days as my system continually tries to install this update...

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
That third option is what is affecting me david.. I can't seem to get it to move past that point. No amount of turning off updates, delaying them, switching between slow, release preview, and fast seems to 'kick start' the update process and move it along. I've got 'failed to install' multiple times these last few days as my system continually tries to install this update...

Here is a reply from Microsoft Community forum which includes a "workaround"..
Since I do not have this problem, I can't personally vouch for the workaround.

Have a look for yourself:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-7ce8-4d12-b7bf-2e21c08c0549?tm=1489615923416

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss