The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Good or bad, let us know how your experiences on Insider have been.

Tell us what you like and what you hate. How has being an Insider changed the way you view the platform? Have you gained insight? Had any disasters? Do you give Feedback? Do you spread the word about the Insider program?

Details are always nice so include what devices, versions and Rings you've used.
    Guytronic and Rinsun like this.
    04-13-2017 07:40 PM
    I am a new Insider on mobile - Slow Ring to check the CU which I will not get officially on my phone then I changed to Release Preview.
    I was surprised to see that CU is very smooth on my 535DS which is a low end phone.The keyboard is much better in CU than it was in AU.Battery life is better too.I noticed that some inbuilt message alert tones which had been present since the beginning are gone and has been replaced by new tones.Two ringtones which I had downloaded long ago but were lost after WDRT I did earlier and did not download again after that were back,I do not know how .

I gave a feedback today ,though it is just a day on build 15063.138.I know that my feedback will be of no use to MS as they have decided not to include the first MS branded phone for CU public roll out.
    I am slightly worried because it seems Upgrade Advisor app is not allowing upgrade to W10 after WDRT as is being reported in a forum thread.In that case,I may not be able to get back to AU if something goes wrong and I have to use the WDRT.
    Thanks !
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-15-2017 11:34 AM
    I noticed that some inbuilt message alert tones which had been present since the beginning are gone and has been replaced by new tones.Two ringtones which I had downloaded long ago but were lost after WDRT I did earlier and did not download again after that were back,I do not know how .
    Zedge App is your friend. You can search and use all the Nokia ringtones you want and more.
    TgeekB and Rinsun like this.
    04-16-2017 07:31 AM
    Zedge App is your friend. You can search and use all the Nokia ringtones you want and more.
    Thanks !
    I had heard of Zedge ,but never tried it out .
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-16-2017 08:31 AM
    Insider Windows 10 PC
    version 1703 OS Build 16176
    Fast ring

This issue have been in existence 5 builds ago.
    Microsoft is aware of it but apparently not important enough to work on it.

Issue :

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

It always returns with error ........ source files could not be found.

and if I do have the corresponding esd file or wim file (which I don't always have), and run this......

With Install.esd iso file :
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:F:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

With Install.wim iso file:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:F:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Result is the same .....................source files could not be found.

So, if I have problem that sfc /scannow cannot resolve, I can't use the dism commands.

It's no fun doing reinstall.
    Good thing I still have system image backup to fall back on.
    Last edited by davidhk129; 04-16-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-16-2017 11:11 AM
    When the platform was Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, I really enjoyed being part of the program. My wife just don't care for W10/W10M by comparison, but I remain in the program because, quite frankly, you can't complain if you don't vote. I figure I have to continue testing out the latest builds if I hope to have any justification for complaining or submit any recommendations. Largely, being such a minority user, I don't believe I'm listened to at all, but I hold out the slimmest of hope. Sadly, I think that latest news indicates Microsoft is essentially done with phones and is only looking at providing apps and backend ecosystem for iOS and Android.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-17-2017 10:32 AM
    It's been pretty swell considering. Growing pains about sums it up. Fast rings on desktop, laptop, and mobile.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-17-2017 05:22 PM
    nice on pc, annoying on mobile, why is it everything is more annoying with mobile? cant fresh install a specific build, cant roll back a build, have to deal with even more banlists now to get a new build, minor errors become a day long process of WDRT to a 3-4 year old OS and update step by step to latest, its ridiculous
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:16 PM