Got a device that can't update past W10 CU, what will you do now?

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My daily driver is an L950 so I'm covered for the official W10 CU update. My Insiders device is an L930 which is now no longer eligible for the official W10 CU and beyond (it has CU as part of the latest Redstone 2 Fast ring). So my dilemma now is: Do I find another eligible device on Ebay to continue testing, or do put my daily driver on the Fast ring, or do I quit and move on?

I'm sure there are many other Insiders out there in a similar situation or in a worse position with a primary device that has been dropped and will no longer receive new builds except for security and bug fixes.

So what will you do - take the poll!

Secondly, can Microsoft afford to lose another round of Windows Insiders who may choose not continue testing because of a lack of an eligible device? This, after losing many more still who couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile in the first place!

Rahsna Asurac

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920. That did not make it to Win10, I stopped using it, and being a windows insider on mobile. Now I have just managed to get a second Lumia 950, so the old one will go into the insider on fast.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Secondly, can Microsoft afford to lose another round of Windows Insiders who may choose not continue testing because of a lack of an eligible device? This, after losing many more still who couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile in the first place!

I find it hard to believe MS really cares about phone insiders so losing more doesn't really matter to them.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think the same thing, that they are winding down the program for Windows 10 Mobile and starting up (full) Windows 10 on ARM based devices, complete with x86 apps. I just wish they would speak to the matter, make things clear. I'm still looking to replace my 930 with something I can enrol with Insiders but I've ruled out my primary device (950) and I'm wondering whether I should bother at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99