View Poll Results: If you've got an ineligible W10M Insiders device, what will you do now post W10 CU?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Insiders for life! I will just get another eligible device asap!

1 33.33%
  • Reluctantly, I will get another eligible device.

1 33.33%
  • I will take the risk and enroll my primary device to the Insiders programme instead.

1 33.33%
  • I'm not risking my primary device which is eligible so I'll quit the Insiders programme.

0 0%
  • My Insiders device is now not eligible, also got burned after WP8.1 to W10M upgrade, I'm out.

0 0%
    My daily driver is an L950 so I'm covered for the official W10 CU update. My Insiders device is an L930 which is now no longer eligible for the official W10 CU and beyond (it has CU as part of the latest Redstone 2 Fast ring). So my dilemma now is: Do I find another eligible device on Ebay to continue testing, or do put my daily driver on the Fast ring, or do I quit and move on?

I'm sure there are many other Insiders out there in a similar situation or in a worse position with a primary device that has been dropped and will no longer receive new builds except for security and bug fixes.

So what will you do - take the poll!

Secondly, can Microsoft afford to lose another round of Windows Insiders who may choose not continue testing because of a lack of an eligible device? This, after losing many more still who couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile in the first place!
    04-21-2017 07:03 AM
    I have the Lumia 920. That did not make it to Win10, I stopped using it, and being a windows insider on mobile. Now I have just managed to get a second Lumia 950, so the old one will go into the insider on fast.
    04-21-2017 05:46 PM

Secondly, can Microsoft afford to lose another round of Windows Insiders who may choose not continue testing because of a lack of an eligible device? This, after losing many more still who couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile in the first place!
    I find it hard to believe MS really cares about phone insiders so losing more doesn't really matter to them.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    04-21-2017 10:28 PM
    I'm starting to think the same thing, that they are winding down the program for Windows 10 Mobile and starting up (full) Windows 10 on ARM based devices, complete with x86 apps. I just wish they would speak to the matter, make things clear. I'm still looking to replace my 930 with something I can enrol with Insiders but I've ruled out my primary device (950) and I'm wondering whether I should bother at all.
    04-25-2017 04:39 AM