Windows 10 Mobile build 15213 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
MS

http://www.windowscentral.com/windo...le-build-15213-heading-out-fast-ring-insiders

Changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We fixed an issue where the Battery Settings page caused the device to become unresponsive and appear to have hung.
  • We fixed a general issue where certain background tasks were being incorrectly starved under resource contention. This issue would impact music and video playback.
  • Under low memory conditions, additional app launches will cause the OS to run out-of-memory and the device will restart unexpectedly to recover. This fix detects the condition and blocks app launches until memory is freed up.
  • We fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge which prevented the phone from entering Connected Standby which caused battery drain.
  • We fixed an issue where the word auto-correction service would crash.
  • We fixed 2 issues causing the device screen to stay off when unplugging from the Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally requiring the device to be rebooted to recover.
  • We fixed an issue with the Notifications Settings page which made the UI appear unresponsive.
  • We fixed an Enterprise MDM issue where the policy could hide all pages except the Work Access page.

Known issues for Mobile

• The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
  • In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15213, discuss it here.

[NOTE]Tip: Check out this thread before posting
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...you-[recommended-guidelines].html#post3467172[/NOTE]
Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

Last edited:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I know I sound like a broken record, but is the camera focus fixed?

Not seeing what needs fixing

AUtqyLn.jpg

Sent from mTalk on a 950XL

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There seem to be many of us (myself included) that have issues since the CU, that result in blurry pictures. The camera goes in and out of focus (making a wiggling effect on the screen, and a lot of noise from the camera), and 9/10 times you get a blurry picture. Feedback has been left and encouraged others to upvote if they have the same issues.

Was hoping this might be addressed at somepoint. Maybe another hard reset is in order... :(

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had the opposite happen on my Lumia 1320. It takes better pics now than it ever has from Windows 8.1 to now. The 1520 also takes great pics, but they are the same as before.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Ooh, this build is NOT playing nice with my 950XL DS. WhatsApp won't load, phone is super hot, apps won't update without errors. I tried a power-down and restart. Now trying a soft reset.

EDIT: Soft reset changed nothing. In addition, Store live tile will not work. Further checking shows that no WP8.1 apps will load for me.

Last edited:

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ooh, this build is NOT playing nice with my 950XL DS. WhatsApp won't load, phone is super hot, apps won't update without errors. I tried a power-down and restart. Now trying a soft reset.

EDIT: Soft reset changed nothing. In addition, Store live tile will not work

That is not good news...

Reldel

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Edge on this build is still a mess. I cannot use it more than a minute or two before it either crashes and restarts the phone or it crashes and returns the phone to the start screen. I tried soft reset, no difference. Have been seeing the same thing on last two or three builds. I have installed Maxthon browser from store to compensate. It's faster than Edge and it has not crashed.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Edge on this build is still a mess. I cannot use it more than a minute or two before it either crashes and restarts the phone or it crashes and returns the phone to the start screen. I tried soft reset, no difference. Have been seeing the same thing on last two or three builds. I have installed Maxthon browser from store to compensate. It's faster than Edge and it has not crashed.

I haven't seen that issue yet... hopefully I wont, as I use edge ALOT!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
A little late to the party...downloading now!

Update: Download went well, the only thing I have check so far is the wiggle in the Autofocus, @camaroz1985 it is still there for me:(

It's like the camera stabilization mechanism is loose and causing a wiggle?????

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Everything is working as it should here, but I did a factory reset few builds back when was advised to ...

I did as well. Left insiders entirely and used WDRT to get back to a clean install of the production build (where everything was working great, btw) just a few weeks ago. I guess I should have stayed there, but I was having pretty good success on the fast ring so I went for it again.

This is the first fast ring build in a long time that is basically unusable for me. Just wondering whether I should hard reset or just wait for the next build. I'm back on my Nexus 6P while i decide.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
A little late to the party...downloading now!

Update: Download went well, the only thing I have check so far is the wiggle in the Autofocus, @camaroz1985 it is still there for me:(

It's like the camera stabilization mechanism is loose and causing a wiggle?????

It might be, but seems odd that a few of us have it, and the onset was timed with moving to the 15063 builds. I thought for sure it was my camera going bad. I do have another one in my parts bin, I might try to switch it out, but it seems more of a software issue than a hardware one.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
What is so hard for all that MS is looking to do with respect to Mobile to either release a proper OS update with all these new features to the eligible mobile devices or just build a better L950/XL device with all the RS3 changes. If MS released a new phone with all the Fluent Design changes and all that they plan to have come Fall what's the real issue? Let's say it worked as expected wouldn't that in itself be a turning point. Why should I install Cortana on an IPhone or Android when they already have their own PAs. Honestly if MS was able to give me all these Fluent Design changes and I get a better battery and a home screen UI tweak to the tiles, system wide font change ability, Actionable notifications. I'm sure millions of windows users who left would return. I'm using a L950XL. All MS had to do was to fix the OS come RS3 with an improved L950/XL version to processor, battery, screen res, higher camera qual + IPS capability = Perfect device. Don't have to be ridiculously priced, just usable on a level that truly sparks interest again for anyone.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I did as well. Left insiders entirely and used WDRT to get back to a clean install of the production build (where everything was working great, btw) just a few weeks ago. I guess I should have stayed there, but I was having pretty good success on the fast ring so I went for it again.

This is the first fast ring build in a long time that is basically unusable for me. Just wondering whether I should hard reset or just wait for the next build. I'm back on my Nexus 6P while i decide.

What phone are you using? My 1520 is running this build with zero issues. I haven't had one hang or reset yet and this phone is my daily driver. In fact, the only problem I have run into is the Roku app. It no longer can see my Roku player on my network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)