Windows 10 Mobile build 15215 Discussion (Redstone 3; Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I am trying to get back up to speed... I am back on Build 15215, still trying to get things all set up, but.... somehow, I have every app I have ever downloaded showing up on the 'All Apps' page, most of them say 'Pending' and are grayed out. I forget how to get rid of this duplication and/or grayed out apps - any suggestions? I am not at all opposed to a reset to cure this issue, the last reset I did I had to go to my Store's Library to down load the apps I wanted, this time I have apps I haven't seen for ages ago:( any help would be great..Thanks

FYR: I have done the soft reset thing; the app update thing; the wait a day thing; and, the check for updates thing.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I am trying to get back up to speed... I am back on Build 15215, still trying to get things all set up, but.... somehow, I have every app I have ever downloaded showing up on the 'All Apps' page, most of them say 'Pending' and are grayed out. I forget how to get rid of this duplication and/or grayed out apps - any suggestions? I am not at all opposed to a reset to cure this issue, the last reset I did I had to go to my Store's Library to down load the apps I wanted, this time I have apps I haven't seen for ages ago:( any help would be great..Thanks

FYR: I have done the soft reset thing; the app update thing; the wait a day thing; and, the check for updates thing.

I have had the "all apps" issue for a few builds now. I cant get rid of them. Welcome to the club lol.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I reset on creators update before jumping back in to this. I did not restore from previous backup and have no issues with all apps

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I reset on creators update before jumping back in to this. I did not restore from previous backup and have no issues with all apps

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

I'm pretty sure it only happens when you restore a backup.

I should mention that during my reset (both times from previous back ups), I was prompted during the setup, I had apps located on the SD card, and did I want to erase them, I said no "do not" erase them. Do you think I should have erase them?

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I should mention that during my reset (both times from previous back ups), I was prompted during the setup, I had apps located on the SD card, and did I want to erase them, I said no "do not" erase them. Do you think I should have erase them?

I erased them and still had the "all apps" problem

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Keith White Jr, just did another reset using the Reset option under 'About', after taking the SD card out, and selected the 'Don't Restore' option. Apparently, this is where I was going wrong...duh! I was following the directions of the MSFT Store guy and restoring from a previous backup. Anyway, I only had two 'Pending' apps showing, and after going to the Store 'download & updates' pause and resume... all seems to be moving in the correct direction:) Good thing its the weekend!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
@Keith White Jr, just did another reset using the Reset option under 'About', after taking the SD card out, and selected the 'Don't Restore' option. Apparently, this is where I was going wrong...duh! I was following the directions of the MSFT Store guy and restoring from a previous backup. Anyway, I only had two 'Pending' apps showing, and after going to the Store 'download & updates' pause and resume... all seems to be moving in the correct direction:) Good thing its the weekend!

Awesome news. Great you got it all sorted

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
MS

Windows 10 PC build 16199 and Mobile build 15215 now available for Insiders | Windows Central

7.Your feedback will automatically upload when you are charging your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, but you can also upload the feedback manually by tapping … > Upload feedback data."
[/INFO]

The last sentence isn't true anymore, zocster!! They removed that functionality long ago. You can't manually send any feedback now. It's all automatic (while charging and connected to Wi-Fi).

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to thank you again for figuring out that the camera issue was Hardware related, and not a SW issue.

Cheers!

Glad I could help. I was just lucky to have a spare laying here. My wife just shook her head at me when I told her I had the spare parts and was going to do a swap. She said she would never even think about swapping parts in a phone. Guess my tinkering paid off for both of us.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Glad I could help. I was just lucky to have a spare laying here. My wife just shook her head at me when I told her I had the spare parts and was going to do a swap. She said she would never even think about swapping parts in a phone. Guess my tinkering paid off for both of us.

I agree.

I get just a 'tad' of a tiny shimmy when in video mode..I guess it is going throught the intial focusing adjustments, but NOTHING like it did (wobbled all the time). I looked back at some of the videos I had taken and they looked like I was flailing my hands around.

I was offered a X3, and could have propably talked the guy at the Microsoft Store into a Galaxy8 if I wanted, but my primary use for the 950XL is it's camera, so will stick with it until a new Surface device is out (with an even better camera, hopefully:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99