Lumia 950 XL shuts down after Microsoft logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojidar Markov

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

This night I woke up because my phone was shortly vibrating every 10-15 seconds.
It turned out that it can't boot because the phone shuts down after Microsoft logo, the Windows logo never shows up. After it shuts down because the charger was plugged in it again tries to boot.

I suspect that during the night there was a preview build which caused the OS not to be able to boot (can't confirm this).

What I tried to fix the problem:
1. Soft reset - no success.
2. Hard reset - After many attempts while holding volume down button, instead og getting the exclamation mark the phone just reboots itself.
3. I tried plugging it to my PC via the USB-C cable, but the only thing happens is the notification (on the PC) that new USB device is connected, then the phone reboots.

I'm out of options now, that's why if someone has any idea what can I do, would be much appreciated!

Device: Lumia 950 XL
Insider preview: Slow ring

Boshko

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

This night I woke up because my phone was shortly vibrating every 10-15 seconds.
It turned out that it can't boot because the phone shuts down after Microsoft logo, the Windows logo never shows up. After it shuts down because the charger was plugged in it again tries to boot.

I suspect that during the night there was a preview build which caused the OS not to be able to boot (can't confirm this).

What I tried to fix the problem:
1. Soft reset - no success.
2. Hard reset - After many attempts while holding volume down button, instead og getting the exclamation mark the phone just reboots itself.
3. I tried plugging it to my PC via the USB-C cable, but the only thing happens is the notification (on the PC) that new USB device is connected, then the phone reboots.

I'm out of options now, that's why if someone has any idea what can I do, would be much appreciated!

Device: Lumia 950 XL
Insider preview: Slow ring

Boshko

They rolled out IoT by mistake. You gotta use the recovery tool sadly

stolto

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

How can I do? The recovery tool simply doesn't detect my phone. And the phone seems stuck in a never ending reboot cycle. I am very worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss