Windows 10 Mobile build 15222 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, actually did a hard reset each time I upgraded the last 2 builds, both seem to be pretty persistent on my 822 & 928 since the 15063 build.
Then again at no point does MS claim to support a Lumia 822 & 928 (spoofed as a 550) so I can't complain too much

Have faith that it will work eventually (and it is not just our older models). After a WDRT cycle to deal with the same BT issue, my L1020 went all the way to build 15215 (by impersonating a 950). The BT issue was resolved along the way (meaning the several "Fast" builds).

I then renamed it back to L1020, largely to recover Lumia Camera. What I do not remember is if the BT resolution happened right after arriving at build 15215 or after renaming back to L1020. I think it was probably by reaching 15215. Once there I was seeing it link readily to the car; and perhaps also by "insisting" with a few soft resets for it to see the other devices. [Darn, I tried so many things!] (BTW, the BT issues had begun to be addressed by MS in this build, if you read between the lines). After this, no more BT issues with the devices that matter most to me, though a few old headsets don't get seen.

Also note:
1. It was immensely surprising that I did NEVER recover BT by simply going back to Win 8.1 (WDRT) nor during the earlier W10 builds. Whatever happened, affected something that prevailed despite even a WDRT!!!

2. Not that I really know this for a fact but if you did a hardware reset while in the earlier builds, this may have triggered the issue, according to someone. (So, I have avoided the hard resets which I will inevitably have to do one of these days, I suppose.)

3. The BT issues are not happening just to "unqualified models" like ours. Qualified models have had it also.

Lastly, MS seems to mention that more BT tweaking was made in 15222 so, who knows!

Good luck! I am recovering my nerves from the "excitement" during the 15210 & 15215 fast build...then I'll allow the "recklessness gene" to see about 15222 :)

Last edited:

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Must just be you that got kicked out. Got it on my 950, no issues so far.
Feel like a teenage girl waiting by the phone...

p4Zc0M3.jpg

Sent from mTalk

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Yeah everything running fine on my 1520 as well. I did a complete reset due to the fiasco last week so it's getting an honest test.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I no longer use my 950 as my daily driver, having moved to Android a couple of months ago courtesy of mum giving me her S7 Edge. (For free! I did offer her money but she refused.)

From time to time I switch my 950 on just to keep up with updates/progress.

Updated to this build a short while ago. Dare I say it, it seems faster(!)

Previous builds, the Settings > Notifications and Actions page took ages (10+ seconds) to become responsive. Now it's much quicker. Facebook also loads up from having been fully closed in over half the time it used to; 3 seconds now compared to 8 or so seconds previously. (I've uninstalled Facebook Messenger, so don't know whether that's had a bearing in the load up speed as Facebook's no longer 'connected' to that app.)

Seems a decent build to me in the use I've had so far.

Sent from mTalk

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with the improvements so far anyway. Having to factory reset every other build is ok. Even my iPhone is begging for it now, after over a year of beta ..

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is draining my battery. Cortana complains that she cannot get the bandwidth, or the internet is not working, or that I need to wait for an update. She is just not working, she hears but cannot do. 950XL.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Had a late cup of espresso at midnight and decided "oh, what the heck, let's just do it!". Went to build 15222 (from 15215) in my L1020 (briefly impersonating a 950, just for the update) overnight.

-- So far no nasties after a few hours of testing.
-- Anywhere from minor to notable pleasant surprises in speed of some apps.

So far I am very happy with the build. We'll see how it goes with regular use...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I spoke too early about Facebook, it's back to taking 8+ seconds to open ??????

Yeah, you did :) ... even FB and Messenger might be working better on background (reopening app from background is fast more often, but still not always). Anyway, this build feels very good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923